Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

I want to re-loc my hair

J Green
@j-green
14 years ago
2 posts
I was wearing locs for a year and a half. I decided to comb my locs out even though I loved my hair locked. I've been wearing my hair natural for the past three months. My hair is shoulder length. I want to re-loc my hair but now when I twist my hair it's just soft curly twist. How can I get my hair to loc again without having to cut my hair and starting over? Can I start over at the length I'm at.
updated by @j-green: 01/13/15 08:34:22PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
just let it go natural.. stop combing and useing products and let it dread up and just seperate as it dreads

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
u said u were concidering sisterlocks i think thats a bad idea we do have 1 member who loved hers cause the bald spots between dreads helped keep her head cool but shes got bey thick strong hair that hopefully wont be so weakened she looses dreadssisterlocks are just interlocked micro dreadsnow very thin dreasds are already weaker then thicker dreads..but interlocking causes severe weakness in spots there its been interlockedalso it creates a unatural tightness to the scalp that6 effectively stops all normal dreading by removing the gap needed for movement at the roots so any "locking" is just by constant visits to a salon to lock by interlocking..which as i said causes weaknessinterlocking was called root flipping a few years ago but root flipping had become too well known to cause dreades to fall right off so instead of stopping the harmful process they just changed its namenow suddenly a practice that everyone knew to avoid is suddenly thought to be a great thing just cause noone knew it was the same exacty thing.if you can find anyone with sisterlocks that survived 15+ years id say ok concider itbut ive never seen sisterlocks much longer then shoulder length and thats most likely cause they start falling off so get cut

--
J Green
@j-green
14 years ago
2 posts
Thanks...that seems to make sense soaringeagle said:
u said u were concidering sisterlocks i think thats a bad idea we do have 1 member who loved hers cause the bald spots between dreads helped keep her head cool but shes got bey thick strong hair that hopefully wont be so weakened she looses dreads
sisterlocks are just interlocked micro dreads
now very thin dreasds are already weaker then thicker dreads..but interlocking causes severe weakness in spots there its been interlocked
also it creates a unatural tightness to the scalp that6 effectively stops all normal dreading by removing the gap needed for movement at the roots so any "locking" is just by constant visits to a salon to lock by interlocking..which as i said causes weakness
interlocking was called root flipping a few years ago but root flipping had become too well known to cause dreades to fall right off so instead of stopping the harmful process they just changed its name
now suddenly a practice that everyone knew to avoid is suddenly thought to be a great thing just cause noone knew it was the same exacty thing.

if you can find anyone with sisterlocks that survived 15+ years id say ok concider it
but ive never seen sisterlocks much longer then shoulder length and thats most likely cause they start falling off so get cut
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
natural locks will be healthiest.. twists to locks will work too but just dont keep twisting after they lock

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form