Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Greetings & Blessings

Stubbygray
@stubbygray
15 years ago
16 posts
Hi y'all,I am a mom living in Tampa, but soon, that will be irrelevant. My family and I are about to embark on a new chapter--walking away from suburbia and moving into our camper full-time--and as I prepare for it, I too have been thinking it would be a great time to start my dread journey as well. I have always kept my hair super-short, so I'm waiting for my hair to grow, grow, grow, already! :)In the meantime, my daughter Marley decided she wanted dreads...and she doesn't want to wait for my hair to grow. So we started her dreads a few days ago. They're looking pretty wild right now, and she already loves them. At the beach yesterday, a fellow dread told her, "Nice dreads," and for her it was a truly magical experience. : )

Much Peace & Love,Susanne
updated by @stubbygray: 02/14/15 10:53:28AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
congratsim moving in with my best freind (chevelle trant on here) real soon we are getting a bus too and gound to convert it to a motorhome and travel as much as we canher oldest daughter also just sdsaid she wants dreads and we will probly let her decide how she want to get them, naturaly or otherwidsebut ..for you..living in a camper letting your hair go and grow you will get dreads easily wether yas try to get em or notby the time the hairs 4-6 inches it will dread on its own..just head for the woods and nature will take care of the rest..both my dreads and chevelles were both born in the woods at a gathering just by lettibng them happen

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
awwwww too cute

--
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
15 years ago
458 posts
Awww, dreadbabies! hehe.Although I love the city and being around lots of people I also feel that I'm ready to find someplace quiet and peaceful so I can feel like myself again. I want to eventually own 40+ acres in Oregon or Montana and be off the grid, but that is a somewhat far off goal.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
kinda our dream too, the bus to wander in a good long time then find a couple hundred acres in the mountains and build an earthship or a few yurts

--
Stubbygray
@stubbygray
15 years ago
16 posts
I actually enjoyed living in the city too, and I also love rural living. It's this in-between (suburbia) that I find unnerving. : )Oregon or Montana, I like it! Living off the grid, in a tiny cob house, is a long-term goal for us as well. Though we'll probably end up in a milder climate.Good journey, brothers.
Stubbygray
@stubbygray
15 years ago
16 posts
So cool, I'm sure we will cross paths along the way, SE. I'd love to convert a bus, but now's not the time for us. Maybe someday.I am hoping the journey itself will help me manifest the patience to let them happen on their own. : )
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
take your kids to a gathering, camp out at kid villiage.. youll be having so much fun you'll forget to even think about your hair and you'll one day be surprised to find ya got dreads

--
Stubbygray
@stubbygray
15 years ago
16 posts
Sounds good to me. Now that we're finally hitting the road, I'm sure we'll find our way to a gathering.
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
15 years ago
458 posts
I'm also in Florida so I'm kind of sick of the milder climate. =pI so miss the mountains, dirt, snow, little streams and all of the things that live in them...Trees that aren't oak or palm. I'd love to see deer again...all the red, yellow and orange during the fall. Supposedly parts of Oregon have pretty humid winters but I'm sure it's not as bad as florida.There was something I read about a few months back that I considered doing, I cant remember the name of it but they have a list of organic farms all over the world and they don't charge rent or for food or anything as long as you work.
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form