Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Burt's Bees

Ivan
@ivan
14 years ago
88 posts
so today i went to target and picked up a bar of my trusted dr. bronner's castile soap and came across some truly AMAZING-smelling shampoos by the burt's bees brand. they say that they're 98.8% natural on the bottles (some are 99%) and i know this company is famous for its organic and natural products but i wanted to see what you all think. i bought a bottle of the grapefruit & sugar beet shampoo because it smells fucking delicious and i know scents mean residues, but i think that this is just a naturally great scent. idk, i wanna see what you guys have to say and if anyone else has used it or knows anything about it.here's the link with ingredients and other info: http://www.burtsbees.com/natural-products/hair-shampoos/super-shiny-grapefruit-sugar-beet-shampoo.html
updated by @ivan: 02/14/15 06:13:14AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
ive heard ppl say they like em but alotta ingredients i cant pronounce usualy makes me wanna stay away but i dont got time to look up each thing i never heard of now

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Ivan
@ivan
14 years ago
88 posts
yea that's what i thought when i saw all those weird ingredients, i was like ehhh hmm...
Ivan
@ivan
14 years ago
88 posts
yea i really love dr. bronner's bar soap a lot. it's worked well for me but i just wanted to maybe try out this burt's bees shampoo out since it smelled amazing and seemed organic-ish lol. we'll see how it turns out.
Lonnie Berg
@lonnie-berg
14 years ago
219 posts
I have a good friend that has whats known as MCS, multiple chemical sensativity. In short what that means is that she's allergic to virtually everything, they even get to deduct their food bill from there income tax because her doctors prescribe organic food only. That being said, she uses Burts Bees Shampoo with no adverse effects and that to me speaks volumes about the safety of it. I can't say how it cleans etc. cause I've never used it, but knowing how sensative she is to chemicals I'd say it's as safe as anything you'll find.
Kris D.
@kris-d
14 years ago
21 posts
I adore burt's bees.it's the only lip balm I'll use.I haven't used the shampoo yet, but I'm sure it'll be great to use.go for it!
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
14 years ago
458 posts
Ehh, if it's organic then my asshole tastes like cotton candy....It's another way of saying that it's chemical surfectant, sugar(used in soda vs cane sugar), glycerin and milk.If you ask if I'd use it, yea...until it starts itching. If you are asking if it's healthy, then no.
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
14 years ago
458 posts
One of the chemicals has to be used with processed citric acid(or some other acid) to be used in cosmetic products just because it's so alkaline.AKA....lots and lots of wonderfully beautiful animal testing! Praise vivisect! lol
Emily
@emily
14 years ago
203 posts
i really like their lip balm but never used the soap, maybe just stick with bronners if youre happy with it for your dreads. but you can try it of course to find out.
Ivan
@ivan
14 years ago
88 posts
so i guess no one has experience with it at all? and thanks lonnie, that was pretty helpful. i think i'm gonna try it out once or twice and see how it works for me and let you guys know.
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form