Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

loose hair

Eric Is Asche
@eric-is-asche
14 years ago
37 posts
i know there a few threads about this already. and i know about aloe and what not to keep them under control. the thing is my work is freaking out about hair getting in food. again i am a cook and panera bread which has an open kitchen and i have to talk to customers and what not. in fact the regional manager of the entire east coast corporation came in and said something to me about it. i wear a hat and on the sides right by my ears are lots of loos hairs. i do have a beard and get bitched at to keep that in line all the time. now for the loost hairs there are many girls that work there too and deal with the food. they are talking about making me wear a hairnet. and i have decided if they do make me do that. then every female in there should have to wear one too. (i'm the only male with long hair) i feel that i'm being looked down upon and scrutinized for my look or my lifestyle choice. i really don't want to take legal matters. 1. considering i'm in a bit of legal trouble myself. 2. cause of my legal trouble i don't have much money. 3. i really like this job and one of my best friends is the manager. so my point is. is there anything i can do to neaten them up besides crochet the shit outta them? or apply aloe every 10 minutes? please please help.
updated by @eric-is-asche: 02/14/15 08:20:58AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
tuckt the loose hairs up into a hat..or t&r the loose peices so theyre not loose anymorte u can dreadball i guess too i dunno asnything abiut it but its an option or wrap the loose hairs all toung the roots and tuck em inid just tuck em in my hat tho

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Eric Is Asche
@eric-is-asche
14 years ago
37 posts
se. i do tuck them in. but from running around and shit they get back out to the open. i've tried dread balling a few but nothing seems to work.ricky i will look into your suggestion aswell.also i've been written up many times so they have alot of reasons besides the hair thing to fire me. ugh this is so aggrivating.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
write up a papereverhy heaD on earth looses x number ogf hairs a day regardlrss of length or how often its washed etc etc etc now with my dreads having 90% of all hairs locked into dreads that meands a 90% less chance a hair in the food would be mine its far more likely to be the waitresses or anyone elses..

--
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
14 years ago
458 posts
Ricky is right, there is less chance of loose hair from you than anyone else with long hair. If you are already having issues with other things I suggest the hairnet, maybe a headwrap big enough to get all of your loose hair and dreads into. Unless you feel you may be getting blamed for other peoples hair in food, I'd suggest you not push for having everyone else wear the hairnet. Irritable co-workers don't make for a pleasant work environment.
GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
14 years ago
393 posts
The average number of hair follicles shed per day is 50-100 Wikipedia: Hair Follicle (Read the information on the telogen phase)
sue
@sue
14 years ago
18 posts
unfortunately, right now, you wont be able to convince most people about dreads. people will think the hair falls out, they'll think they're dirty, etc, etc,i worked at a resturaunt too and they put me in back to wash dishes...they wanted me to wear a hairnet as well, but i agree with you. if you do, so should everyone else.maybe while you're working you could pin up the sides? just bobby pin them back so they're not hanging? that's what i did, or what about a thick hair wrap?.. that will keep everything off your face and tucked up nicely :)
Eric Is Asche
@eric-is-asche
14 years ago
37 posts
they said no to hair wraps :(
sue
@sue
14 years ago
18 posts
oh... well that stinks. Eric Is Asche said:
they said no to hair wraps :(
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
head band or shity sleeve band everything will be tucked up under tightor yiu can voluntarily wear a hairnet..and at same time start complaining about all the "loose haired freaks shedding all over"

--
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form