Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

BLEH! to much to even write here!!

Kookii
@kookii
15 years ago
15 posts
anywho my name is kookii and i am 35 weeks and 3 days pregnant today...im due august 30th but my instincts are telling me otherwise....im going to warren michigan tomorrow to go camping at what i've always known as "the dunes"im not to worried about it tho...im sure i'll make it back home safely this week without no baby scare XDi'll be gone the 8th thru the 15th...and a coupla dread questions....my ex gave me crap about how my locks look...and i got even another ex dreadhead to say something about how he could fix them up :/ now im starting to think that somethings goin wrong here? yea i'll admit originally i back combed...and i can feel in the back that there...tight and knotty...for the exception of an inch or two from the root...and i understand that thats normal...other than that i pretty much left them alone...and let them do there own thing....but what i have noticed about the knotting process is that i take showers at night before i go to bed and as the weeks go by i can feel the knottin get more clumpy...i would totally show pics but you can bearly see them cuz my hair is black....and is it alright to put beads in my "2 month old" baboes? i heard that instead of putting bands in them (which causes breakage i guess and is bad for the hair in general) can help keep them from joining together....? i love beads and even bought "hair beads" a while back cuz i had man made dreads twice before but society wanted me not to have them so i took them out...screw them this time tho! the one thing i can control is my body and what i want to do with it!Peace & Love
updated by @kookii: 01/13/15 08:25:08PM
Alden
@alden
15 years ago
303 posts
Congrats on having that kid claw his way out of your vagina soon!!! Actually, your due on my baby sisters birthday. So now I'ma show a personal interest! lol Fuck what they say about your dreads tho!!! They are YOUR dreads, and they'll form and look unique to you. They're only saying something looks off about them because they don't look how THEY think they should. The reason that they may be getting 'lumpy' may be because of the initial back combing. If you left looser spots than others when you first backcombed them then that'll start to become more noticeable as your dreads mature. But don't freak, it'll all work it's self out. May stay a little 'lumpy', but it's character. I love every loop and lump in my dreads, wouldn't have them any other way. And beads are great for dreads, no matter the age. The only thing you need to keep in mind with beads is that they need to be snug enough to stay in place on their own, but loose enough that you can slide them up and down easily with your fingers. Sliding them will help to push in loose hair and mature your babies a little faster, it's also great for helping to keep your dreads from joining at the root, just rip the joined sections apart and throw a bead on the newly separated roots. I wouldn't ever tell anyone with dreads to put rubber bands in, after about a week of having them they generally turn into this nasty ass tar that is all but impossible to get out of your hair. The bands will just fall apart when you touch them and as you struggle to get a hold of them, the tar will stick to your fingers and be worked deeper and deeper into your dreads. So try to avoid that by not using 'em. Good luck on your dready journey, and when you have the time and capability we all love to see pictures. I'll see ya around girl.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
beads and..if ya go to bed with em wet, seperate em more in the morn..and yea screw what others say..

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
MountainWillow
@mountainwillow
15 years ago
141 posts
Yay for pregnant bellies & babies!!LMAO at "the clawing joke"...Congrats hun on your pregnancy & upcoming arrival.. I agree completely with what everyone has already told ya. And one from one dready mama to another ill tell ya dreads really compare to kids.. When they are young- they do their own thing, and even when they are older they still do their own thing, just most of the time it isnt tooo abnoxious when they are older vs when they are young.. So for 2 months, lumpyness is normal.. I agree with SE and the others on keeping them seperate- rip em often and I would even palm roll em (if you arent otherwise doing it) if your bothered by their shape. But dont be obsessed with it- palm roll em once a week after they are dry- and that should help them out with shaping rounder. Anything more than that could actually hinder the locking process. And um... I wouldnt mind seeing pics of your concerned locks :) Pregnancy hormones can make us more sensitive to others comments- so im going to kindly say those people need to mind their own buisness and worry about their own heads. This is your journey not theirs- and its certainly not nice to say such things to an expectant mom.Have fun on your camping trip! Be gentle on yourself sweet mama.
Lost
@lost
15 years ago
22 posts
haha as i said b4 your dreads are rocken, i realy dont know anything bout the backcomb prt but im sure som1 below me had good imput,:) thnk you that is all
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
you will always have so,meone wanting to fix em up no matter how good they arebut what they really want is to screw them up with wax or crochette or excessive workdreads never need fixing up cause they grow exactly as they want toand thats how they should

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
shaun saunders
@shaun-saunders
15 years ago
64 posts
man i feel for woman that shits gotta hurt pushing a head out
MountainWillow
@mountainwillow
15 years ago
141 posts
so just curious... do we have a baby yet? Thinking of u
echolynnrain
@echolynnrain
15 years ago
72 posts
No way! You're in Warren, MI? We are practially neighbors! Lets meet up sometime after you and your baby are settled!!!
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form