Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums
Kris D.
@kris-d
14 years ago
21 posts
What's up ya'll?My name is Kris. I live in Texas, and I was dready, not anymore. I still have dread-love, though. Plan on more in the future.Quirky, intelligent, slightly neurotic in the form of OCD and being a complete spelling/grammar nazi, but I'm not rude about it.An interesting fact about me: I have deaf grandparents. I like american sign language..alot. Like alot-alot. I prefer it to hearing english.That's it for now. Get at me.-Kris D.
updated by @kris-d: 03/05/19 05:37:59PM
Seven
@seven
14 years ago
26 posts
welcome cutie :)
Kris D.
@kris-d
14 years ago
21 posts
thank you, thank you. I look forward to learning and loving this site, it seems totally rad. <3
Kris D.
@kris-d
14 years ago
21 posts
Ahaa, it's like a sickness for me. Just a heads up, I'll put it here: If I randomly go through and comment/reply to something simply to correct something, I in -no way- mean to come across as rude: it's just part of my life, and also part of ASL culture*.It's a shame: many kids who graduated from my HS and went on to college/uni...don't know the difference between their, they're, and there. UGH!/rantsoz :3*Signs are regional across the US. the sign for "lesbian" in the east more than likely won't be the same sign in the west, etc.; as such, members of the ASL community correct/show eachother THEIR version of differing signs. It's all muddled up in correctness, and not meant to be rude, but meant to teach/learn. Sister Rags said:
Cool, Kris - I like how you told us some interesting facts about yourself in your Intro post. Welcome :) I was raised long before computers, back when grammar, punctuation and spelling (and penmanship) were valued, so I understand how you feel. Actually, it's nice to meet someone younger who values language.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
omg your gonna have a feild day with me (yea i routinely mix up ie ei rules and always use theyre for every theyre there their (i never use their even tho its the theyre i wanna use most)im usualy so sleep deprived i asdd letters otr hit the letters next to the letters i want and ..punctuation dont exist in my vocabulatyplus the g on ing's i never use so im gettin goin havin playin thinkinalso senjtences have no beginin middle or endin they just go on and on and onyour gonna be stuck here forever just a slave to my typos.. you'll be correcting me the rest of your life and ill drive u crazy.. but its ok you'll love me anyways ;)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Kris D.
@kris-d
14 years ago
21 posts
oh, lovely.
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
Lmao, I think after awhile I read probably 90% of what you say with no problem now,but I digressWelcome Kris =)
MiDread
@midread
14 years ago
187 posts
Hey! Another neurotic OCD!!! Good way to get over that is to have kids!! LOL! Welcome!!
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
you know, I noticed FF correcting me on alot a lot as well, an it annoys me because for the longest time (like maybe 3-4months ago) I just found that out for the first time, an I can't get over that so I do it anyway.
Kris D.
@kris-d
14 years ago
21 posts
I didn't cut them, I just brushed them out. I'd had them for a month, but they were just...it wasn't the right place and time in my life for them. I'll get them back eventually, though. I went through a small depression affter getting them out, and I long for them to be back every few weeks.I have a few things I don't spell correctly in american culture, but some that are correct in the british culture. I'll consistently spell out the words theatre, favourite, colur, etc. Alot and a lot are another example of this cultural difference. I'm not British, but the UK has alot of influence over my life, and some of my best friends live there. I WISH I were british... :( Lauren Larsen said:
lol that's so funny that you are a slave to proper grammar and such, but then you spelled alot wrong when its supposed to be a lot. haha im just yanking your chain! welcome to the site! what happened to your dreadys? (why did you cut em?) :)

updated by @kris-d: 07/13/15 07:55:21AM
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form