Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

i thought i wanted perfect dreadlocks now i love how unique my dreads are

Emily
@emily
14 years ago
203 posts
future/beginning dreadies especially please read this!!Before i dreaded i thought i wanted perfect dreads. ill even admit i thought johnnys looked kinda cool, i was ready to buy products to make monotone dreads. i was afraid of what people would think and wanted them to look like they "should". i didnt buy products but backcombed and even had them permed to help my silky hair dread. dont do it anyone it hurts lol. yeah i regret that part a lot. huge mistake. but now its al different..i found this site a month into dreading and went natural. theyve changed so much and look totally unique theyre so incredibly me, not johnny, not anyone to compare to just simply my soul extended. ive always been a self conscieous person worried about what others think and not sure how to express myself. dreads have changed me soo much. i dont care what anyone thinks of me or my dreads. i love them and being myself. i love not living up to anyones standards but my own.so to sum it all up dreads should come easily..i mean it takes patience yeah, but not fussing with them and striving for perfection. strive to be you and let your dreads reflect that and they're guranteed to be beautiful like your soul. let those dreadies shine!!
updated by @emily: 02/14/15 04:07:49PM
Alicia
@alicia
14 years ago
68 posts
It's funny to me that you posted this and talked about how you were worried at first about your dreads looking how they "should", because when I saw the picture of you in your ninja turtle tshirt on the main page a couple of days ago, I thought to myself "wow..I want my dreads to look just like that". Anyways..my point is..I love your dreads too..very unique.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
emily i love you and your perfectly imperfect dreads i could spend hours examining each one and giving each a name .. i know what you mean about the fake looking johny clean dreads i mean hows he tell freddy dread from charley dread when every dreads the same?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Euphorian
@euphorian
14 years ago
20 posts
at first i saw johnny's dread i know i shouldn't spend alot of time working on dread...his dread really neat looking clean but in fact real dirty maybe moldy..SoaringEagle prefer Aloe gel more than wax which seem cool to me because i was afraid of loose hair but until now ive just use maybe twice of aloe...i dont know that dread gonna have loop but now i having my loop,loose hair and loose tips im happy i have perfect natural dreadlock
tasha2
@tasha2
14 years ago
36 posts
Emily, thanks for your post! as someone about to go thru the process, I appreciate your comments. I almost went the backcombing/slathering with product route but am so excited now about going natural! Your dreads are beautiful! How old are they, btw?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
emmys are maybe 6-9 months max..under a yearand i love em :)

--
Jessica Aukema
@jessica-aukema
14 years ago
11 posts
I agree! Who needs perfection, when you can have originality! Why strive to be like everyone else? how will anyone tell us apart? going against the grain is my only goal in life, keeps 'em guessing.I love my dreadlocks, they are so weird :) -which describes me to a tee. and my husband likes to play with them, and his is the only opinion that i even remotely care about.I too wanted johnny's dreadlocks, it was so easy to fall into his opinion. but he can have his dreadlocks. mine look nothing like his. not even a little bit. and every day i love my dreadie babies even more.thank you so much for the post. i have been dreading for 6 weeks now, and have been a member on this site for a week (although feels longer!). i tell anyone who will listen about the site-changed my life!shine dreadies, shine!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
im smilling :)often i see people saying they want those boring perfectly round perfectly manicured dreads and then fall in love with that 1 dread that refuses to conform to the norm.. the only 1 that dared have a loop bump or loose tip ..its those things that make the dread interesting and its those things johny tries to destroy

--
Emily
@emily
14 years ago
203 posts
thank you :) yeah i think we all start out thingking we want our dreads to turn out a certain way, then when they dont were worried, but learn to love them and youre set for life. im gonna have these dreadies forever, i think thats way more than johnny clean or many of his followers can say. Alicia said:
It's funny to me that you posted this and talked about how you were worried at first about your dreads looking how they "should", because when I saw the picture of you in your ninja turtle tshirt on the main page a couple of days ago, I thought to myself "wow..I want my dreads to look just like that". Anyways..my point is..I love your dreads too..very unique.
Emily
@emily
14 years ago
203 posts
aww :)his are probably named johnny, money, benjamin, jackson, maybe another johnny..lol soaringeagle said:
emily i love you and your perfectly imperfect dreads i could spend hours examining each one and giving each a name .. i know what you mean about the fake looking johny clean dreads i mean hows he tell freddy dread from charley dread when every dreads the same?
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form