Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Cody's twist and rip timeline

Cody Pitt
@cody-pitt
14 years ago
105 posts

I was talking to my friend and she asked me when I was going to do my dreads. I told her in a month I will start. She told me way don't you start now. Your hair isn't going to get alot longer in that time. I thought about it and decided I would do it then. As for my scalp I will help it with oils and how I wash it. I am starting sometime this week or weekend. My mom and aunt are going to help me with the back. So here is a pic of me now with my hair undreaded and sometime when I get the dreads done I will post pics of those.

Ok here they are. 2 days old. I had to redo some so thats why I didn't get pics the first day. Tell me what you guys think. Oh and will the ones in the front get any thicker. They are really thin but the sections are a decent size.

2 days

2 days

Ok so I gently combed out the front ones and redid the sections to make them a little bigger.

3 days

Week 1

week 1

week 1

Ok here is my 3rd week.

week 3

week 3

week 3

1 Month of dreading. From now on I am only doing monthly pics.

1 month

1 month

1 month

Sorry no 2 month pics. I forgot to take some. So here is 3 months.

07/06/10

My big loopy one

Sorry I haven't been on in a long time. Been very busy. Thought I should update you all with some new pics of my dreads and their progress. It has now been a 1yr and almost 7 months injust a few more days. So here they are

Ok there they are. I have gotten a lot of sun this summer so they have lightened up a lot.

Been along time since I posted some pics again. So here are my 2 year and 2 month old dreads!

Also got my first tattoo! I love the metalocalypse show on adult swim so I got the logo on my back!! :)lol Can't see it very well but I will upload a better pic of it on my profile. Anyways I hope you all enjoy my dread progress!

Ok it has been a while since I put up some progress pics. These are my 2yr and 9 month old dreads. Will post more again on my 3yr! This is also the longest I have had dreads as well compared to my other sets I had.

1/23/2013

I have two baby dreads in the front that have started recently.

Ok it is May 30th, 2013. So a month and a half over my 3 year dread anniversary lol better late than never. So here are some new pics. You will notice that they are a little darker. Haven't been outside much during the winter and plus I just got out of the shower.

Ok it's been 4 years now. Time to update my timeline. 4-16-14

I hope you all enjoy my timeline and it inspires you all.

updated by @cody-pitt: 08/11/19 10:46:02AM
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
awesome I just T&R a friends hair, it turned out really beautiful, it'll be cool to see man.
Emily
@emily
14 years ago
203 posts
your hairs pretty long theyre gonna look great!
Cody Pitt
@cody-pitt
14 years ago
105 posts
Sweet. So how long did it take once you got the technique down? I am excited to have them again and this time I will keep them for along time. Iain said:
awesome I just T&R a friends hair, it turned out really beautiful, it'll be cool to see man.
Cody Pitt
@cody-pitt
14 years ago
105 posts
Thank you. :) You have some really nice dreads by the way. Emily said:
your hairs pretty long theyre gonna look great!
Ivan
@ivan
14 years ago
88 posts
your dreads are gonna be about the same length with the t&r method since it doesn't take off much length unlike backcombing. t&r was the method i used and i also use rubberbands at the ends to keep them in til they completely lock (prob at about 3 months). i'm very satisfied with the results and they look more like mature dreads earlier than backcombed. good luck bro!
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
depends on how big an all, usually each one I spent about 10casual minutes just talking while doing it, and I didn't put a ton of effort in it since she just wanted some for a little while.
Cody Pitt
@cody-pitt
14 years ago
105 posts
Yea. Cool. I did backcombing the last set I had and it was 14 hours straight of pain. So this way sounds so much better and painless. Iain said:
depends on how big an all, usually each one I spent about 10casual minutes just talking while doing it, and I didn't put a ton of effort in it since she just wanted some for a little while.
Cody Pitt
@cody-pitt
14 years ago
105 posts
Awesome. I wasn't sure how much length I would lose. I can't wait to try this way now. Ivan said:
your dreads are gonna be about the same length with the t&r method since it doesn't take off much length unlike backcombing. t&r was the method i used and i also use rubberbands at the ends to keep them in til they completely lock (prob at about 3 months). i'm very satisfied with the results and they look more like mature dreads earlier than backcombed. good luck bro!
matt2
@matt2
14 years ago
40 posts
man i am dreading twist and rips, right now
 / 15

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form