Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

backcombing vs. twist and rip

Allie :D
@allie-d
14 years ago
9 posts
Can you tell me which method is better and why?And how to do it?
updated by @allie-d: 01/22/20 09:33:16AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
twist and ripbackcombing your combing against the grain lifting up even breaking off the cuticles that cover each hair also its agressive and if you have someone do it for you often rips hair right out at the scalpalso, the resulting dreades look goofy like sideshow bobthe hairs dammaged alot and often unraveltwist and tip is far less damaging and aggressive easy to do the dreads look far better from day 1 http://www.dreadlockssite.com/page/twist-and-rip-method-dreading theres the guide
Find more videos like this on dreadlock forums
theres the vid

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
but natural beats all ofcourse

--
GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
14 years ago
393 posts
In addition to what soaringeagle stated regarding twist in rip.1. If dreadlocks are started with twist and rip they won't unravel as much as they would if started with backcombing.2. If you want to have thin* dreads twist and rip is easier than backcombing.*Thin- smaller than 1/2 inch(12.7cm). (IE: In between the width of a standard #2 pencil or a sewing machine needle)
Lex
@lex
14 years ago
217 posts
I back-combed some and TnR some and I think I like the backcombed ones better out of the two.That's just my personal preference though. the ones I back-combed actually look more natural now then the ones I used TnR on. I think it depends on lot on how you back-comb, how much/violently you do it and the same for TnR.I have to say though, I don't believe much in comparatives like "better" so if I were you I would do whatever sounds the most attractive. :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
yea backcombings probly easier fot real thick dreads while tnr better for thin to mediumtnr is easier quicker and less painful

--
Lex
@lex
14 years ago
217 posts
soaringeagle said:
yea backcombings probly easier fot real thick dreads while tnr better for thin to medium

tnr is easier quicker and less painful
my second fattest dread is backcombed :) my soon to be fattest dread (when its done shrinking) will be natural.
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
14 years ago
458 posts
For aesthetic purposes I like backcombed better. Takes longer to look anything near presentable but when it settles I just like the look of it better than tnr.
Lex
@lex
14 years ago
217 posts
ricky williams said:
I think backcombing is also better for people with a more coarse hair type
agreed. the finer your hair the more damaging it is. If you have course, heavy, thick hair a good back-combing will most likely do little to no damage.
Seven
@seven
14 years ago
26 posts
twist no doubt to me :) thats how i did mine and they look amazing and i have only had themabout a week :) sooo my reccomandation is TnR
 / 2

Dislike 1

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form