dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Advice needed!!

celestine✿۞
@celestine
14 years ago
80 posts
hey there once again..
just a couple of days ago i was telling a good friend that i am considering of having just two dreads under my ear, cause i am not to get my whole head with dreads until next year..(problem with parents etc..cant stand having them telling me they wont talk to me etc..so i ll just wiat till i get to university and get my own place)..

anyway, i really wont to have these two..what i really dont know, is which wa to have em..
i know that an easy way would be to backcomb (cause i really wouldnt like to have them with a felting needle)..then twist and rip is also an option..

the thing is i am more of the idea of having my dreads (when the time eventually comes!!) the natural way, cause i like the way the dreads look in the end..i like the fact the re soft and that they look natural..but i dont know if it wil work now..

now, my friend , SE (i think you all know him) suggested my getting them by just having some beads on em and let them dread on their own..
i am actually really fond of the idea but i am clueless when it comes to putting everything i know theoritically into action..

also having a chat with a friend today made me wonder whether my hair will be able to actually dread naturally at all..she was constantly saying that my thin and straight as hell hair wont dread on its own in no way..

i really dont know what to do, that s why i need your advice and assistance!!any information would be more than appreciated!!!
give me your opinion on the method i should use, maybe your experience on the matter etc..

oh and here is a pic with my hair to tell me what you think about what this friend of mine told me.

thnks a lot in advance (and sorry for the lenght..:). )

updated by @celestine: 02/14/15 10:57:47AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
weird cant access the picbut im sure your is cluelessdo u comb out tangles ever?try thistwist up the sections of hair (wet or damp will be easier) take a thread make a loop put thru a bead use the loop to catch just the very tip of the hair and pull it thru the bead make the section a good size so the bead sticks firmly near the tipif some hairs pushed up making a loopy fuzziness above the bead thats a good thing it will help get knotting started

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
14 years ago
393 posts
Your friend is clueless.The simplest definition of a dreadlock is: A section of hair that is knotted, tangled, and matted.Since your hair is fairly long, those knots and tangles you brush out are the beginning of dreadlocks.The easiest way to allow dreadlocks to form is to simply stop brushing your hair and stop using conditioner.
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
your friend in all likeliness just doesn't know what they are talking about (not to sound offensive, but we all have friends that don't understand)from my own experience, I know T&R would work on that hair, had an evil ex gf who had hair just like yours and that method worked beautifully on it, just stop all conditionersalso if you ever ever have to brush your hair and if you ever feel knots an tangles, that means you can go natural :)w/e you wanna do, let us know how it works out.
celestine✿۞
@celestine
14 years ago
80 posts
you cant see the pic? weird, its the one i have on my profile...well tangles might form sometimes only when my hair gets really messy though..not that easy..i ll try and do what you suggested though..:) soaringeagle said:
weird cant access the pic
but im sure your is clueless
do u comb out tangles ever?

try this
twist up the sections of hair (wet or damp will be easier) take a thread make a loop put thru a bead use the loop to catch just the very tip of the hair and pull it thru the bead make the section a good size so the bead sticks firmly near the tip
if some hairs pushed up making a loopy fuzziness above the bead thats a good thing it will help get knotting started
celestine✿۞
@celestine
14 years ago
80 posts
thnks a lot for this to you all..!i do agree that she IS clueless, i just couldnt have a conversation with her at all as she acted like a know-it-all..anyway, i will try and do as you said SE..hopefully we will get some results!i ll try and find a bead, get some pics of the hair once i put the bead on to see how it goes!thnak you so much:)
celestine✿۞
@celestine
14 years ago
80 posts
thank you so much:) CBD Makarov said:
Yeah, SE has the best advice.

Your hair is beautiful by the way.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
your hair is gorgouse and it showes up now just didnt as an attachment

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
celestine✿۞
@celestine
14 years ago
80 posts
:)i see, i delleted the attachement when i added the pic actually that s why you werent able to open it i guess soaringeagle said:
your hair is gorgouse and it showes up now just didnt as an attachment
Lex
@lex
14 years ago
217 posts
no matter which way you do it your dreads will be beautiful :) have faith
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form