dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Aloe Vera Gel or Aloe Vera Spray?

Thundersquall
@thundersquall
14 years ago
235 posts

Hey Yall,

So i found a 100% organic aloe vera spray at the store and thought it might be good for getting some moisture into my poor dry halfrican hair. You guys ever tried using a spray or is the gel the stuff to use?

Now the question is, does this stuff "condition" hair in any way? Cause my hair dries quickly so i use it once a day but at the same time wonder if perhaps that is overkill; preventing the process of natural locking if it does indeed "condition". Or does it?

P.S my hair hasnt started to lockyet just amletting it go natural for now.

updated by @thundersquall: 01/13/15 08:32:56PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
are there any ingredieants besides aloe?the gel we recomend has no ingredients excepy aloe and needs to be refidgeratedyes it conditionswhich is good for afycan hair but daily maybe overkillif u use the baking soda acv combo try adding a small amount of either aloe gel /(u can use a good glob of that if hairs long) or best yet jojoba oil (u wont need muchtry 10 drops if u need more try 30 etc experiment)till its locked accept some dryness just not to the point of bcomming brittle

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
just gotta find what works best for your hair w/o over doing the moisturizing, but your hair type needs it more than others.
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
Ya, be so careful of labeling tricks these days. I bought some Organic 100% Aloe Juice/gel from the health store for drinking and wanted to use it for my skin.I put it on and it literally burned and swelled my face up!It was the carrageen (a source of MSG used as a thickening agent) in it that burned me, I have a small aloe plant that I'm growing and the gel NEVER burns my skin.Watch those ingredients.
Thundersquall
@thundersquall
14 years ago
235 posts
Ya it just says 100% organic aloe. I agree with using it everyday could be overkill..i wash my hair once a week so am thinking i will use it that day and leave it..just wish my hair would hurry up and grow! I heard taking vitamin E pills can help with that so maybe ill give that a go..preciate the feedback folks.
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
Rosemary Oil also stimulates hair growth http://www.stopnowhairloss.com/2008/03/26/how-rosemary-can-help-your-hair-grow/ Here's another good link http://www.organicfacts.net/organic-oils/natural-essential-oils/health-benefits-of-rosemary-oil.html tyler said:
Ya it just says 100% organic aloe. I agree with using it everyday could be overkill..i wash my hair once a week so am thinking i will use it that day and leave it..just wish my hair would hurry up and grow! I heard taking vitamin E pills can help with that so maybe ill give that a go..preciate the feedback folks.
Thundersquall
@thundersquall
14 years ago
235 posts
A damn fine idea with the rosemary, as ive actually got some oil at home. Ill try adding that to my Aloe spray for sure.
safiyah
@sugaplum
14 years ago
20 posts
I use Lily of the Valley aloe vera gel the one foor the skin. It is really goood.
safiyah
@sugaplum
14 years ago
20 posts
I mix the aloe vera gel with water and some eccential oils for my spritz i use it every other day but it may be too often. Will have to cut this down.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form