Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

africa's best herbal oil?

Cassie Sattler
@cassie-sattler
14 years ago
42 posts
i have been thinking about making my own lotion and other variouis things and when i was at walmart today i ran across this stuff in the ethnic hair isle. it says it works for bath bodyhair and scalp it has all natual extracts . it appears you can use it as a hot oil treatment as well. but i was wondering if anyone has had experiance with this product it was only two bucks for a 8 oz. bottle.
the full details are here

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Africa-s-Best-Ultimate-Herbal-Oil-8-fl-oz/10451303

any one have any ideas on this stuff? for dreads and uses for the body in general?

updated by @cassie-sattler: 02/14/15 08:21:05AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
just the jojoba in its amazing the price is great i say go for itsend me a bottle too

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
14 years ago
458 posts
If you are looking for "All natural" then forget pretty much every product that has the 'natural' label. You even have to watch out for organic products now because I found a bottle of shampoo that says no sls but when I read the ingredients it says "disodium laureth sulfosuccinate" lol. Read the ingredients, it's safe to say that if it sounds like a chemical then at very least it was extracted using a chemical process.If you don't stress that stuff then don't worry. I don't either, I just like to know about what I use.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
well 1 ingredient sounded chemicaly but ifd need to look it upmostly sounded goodid try it

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Cassie Sattler
@cassie-sattler
14 years ago
42 posts
i am wondering what i can use it for... in my shampoo? hmm i think that chemical sounding thing is a preservative. and i know i read the labels on some products and the list takes up most of the bottle. any who considering i found it at walmart im sure you guys could find it as well :) thanks for the help
Cassie Sattler
@cassie-sattler
14 years ago
42 posts
cool cool i might add it to other things it seems that the ingrediants are pretty bad ass thanks for hte help. do you need to use a lot? ricky williams said:
you can use it in your shampoo or just as oil when you think your hair or scalp is feeling a lil dry
Cassie Sattler
@cassie-sattler
14 years ago
42 posts
sweet ima make some lotion out of it soonly :) breeze said:
We use that a lot. It's really good for the skin.

Peace & Love
Antonia
@antonia
14 years ago
7 posts
I'd say go with Mango and Lime or get some natural oils yourself and umm Shea butter of course, i have seen this around but cant vouch for it.
tha tron
@tha-tron
14 years ago
147 posts
how did you plan on using the product? I would do an oil treatment about once a month and let it soak over night then Id do a super wash the next morning just so that you have the moisture deep in the core of the dread. but, I'm not sure about your specific hair texture
Cassie Sattler
@cassie-sattler
14 years ago
42 posts
i planned to use a bit on my dreads some on the skin basicly an all over product. my hair is semi fine and the dreads feel kinda wooly. i have used some in my home made lotion already.. but it looked like that oil was best for african hair, and hot oil treatments for that hair type... i might just have to suffice a test dread to find out! tha tron said:
how did you plan on using the product? I would do an oil treatment about once a month and let it soak over night then Id do a super wash the next morning just so that you have the moisture deep in the core of the dread. but, I'm not sure about your specific hair texture
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form