Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Encouraging Congos

Scarface
@scarface
14 years ago
64 posts

Hi, I have a question that might seem...unusual.

I have some dreads which i'd realy like to start congo, but none of my nattys have ever seemed to want to combine by themselves.

I've gone for months doing aboslutely nothing with my dreads now, and although they seem to be in a position where it would be natural for them to congo, they have showed no sign of doing so.

I've done some manual congos before with a felting needle, but after having been shown the damage this can do (mine still feel strong though) i'm reluctant to do so again.

Do you guys (and gals) have any advice of what i can do to encourage congoing?

updated by @scarface: 01/13/15 08:32:51PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
u crucheted ass well i think tightu kinda need to leave the roots alone long enoughy to begin congoing ecverything u did so far may make it dificult to get to that oiint (strict sectioning root maintenance crochet etc etc) it will get there but 1st loose hairs around the scalp gotta go all overnow u can force it but still will take time for the loose hairs to form and attach emu can wrap 2 tigether with hemp put a ring over 2 use anything to tie em tiogetherbut if u just let go they'll happen when they are readyjust may take more time to recover from all u did

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
he's right they are probably less prone to congo-ing with your crocheting keeping them in together, in time the newer growth will make it normal again i'd imagine,other than that place beads at the roots, that will really make a difference within a month, continuing this and they'll really connect.
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
14 years ago
458 posts
Wrapping them with thread would probably be the best but if you have enough space at the root you can shove one through the root of the other, yours look a little too big to do that to though.Also, definitely have to have enough space or they will get too tight to your scalp.
Andres
@andres
14 years ago
18 posts
My first congo started a month after I got my dreads. They are the ones were I sleep the most. Like left center part of in the back of my head. Its growing totally natural and looking awesome. Thats the one that Im gonna use as a measure of how much my dreads have grown. But any way, most dreads tend to congo with time, give it some more time and you might have many dreads combining.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form