dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Didjeridurian back from hibernation or perhaps he was frozen in carbonite

Didjeridurian
@didjeridurian
14 years ago
292 posts
Hey Everybody...
Site is blowing up I see. I feel I should reintroduce myself...
The originals know who I am but I took quite a hiatus for some personal issue and feel a bit like I owe an explanation for such a leave of absence. Without getting too in depth I faced some serious inner conflict and it forced me into some major life changes. I sold my "raw food" cafe, released myself and my ex-wife (still good friend) from the convoluted bonds of marriage, and finally abandoned my illusory attachment to the automobile,
I have enrolled in school to pursue my dual PhD in Holistic Nutrition and Health and natural Healing and my license as a HygioPhysician (Natural Hygiene Naturopath). I took a job as manager of a local health food store and vegetable co-op. I also began a program for teens to understand the importance of a natural living philosophy for their personal freedom and the realization of their full physical mental and spiritual potential. I also hold workshops at elementary schools to explain the simple reality of real fresh plant food to young children by illustrating the journey of food as it goes from the ground to the table.
I couldn't excuse myself any longer for contributing to the needless destruction derrived from my personal dependence on a car. I make my way around on my bicycle and work with a local bike co-op to promote the use of public transit and pedal power. I ride at least 300 miles per week as part of my day to day ventures.
As you can see all of this kept me quite busy.
More to the point... I have been allowing my hair to dread for about 8months now. I started the by very lightly backcombing them (VERY lighty, took about 45 mins to an hour for the whole head) and of course they unraveled one by one very shortly after. Since then I just let them do what they do and they are coming along just fine. The ones that are formed are full of great little twists turns and bumps. There is still quite a bit of loose hair but I am in no hurry. I love watching it evolve.
I don't have any interest in keeping it "neat" or tight so my interaction in the forums is limited to advising people to accept the natural process as a tool for personal growth and expansion. I also love the non hair issues that tend to arise from the interactions of free thinking individuals of all backgrounds.
Anyway its great to be back.
BLESSINGS SE you're doing an amazing job!

updated by @didjeridurian: 02/14/15 05:37:43AM
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
great to see you back Didj, I'm glad you were able to sort out life, most people wouldn't have managed half the changes you went through in a short time.
Lonnie Berg
@lonnie-berg
14 years ago
219 posts
Damn Brother it's good to have you back, I've thought about you often. You sound happy and uplifted and busy. We've missed ya Bro....namaste'
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
we missed you and were so glad your back wow i knew you were going through some stuff but had noooo idea how much you sold your cafe?man u make me feel like the laziest guy on earth...and not just cause i am the laziest guy on earthreally look forward to more interactions you always kept things lively :)WELCOME BACK!

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
IllumiKnotty
@illumiknotty
14 years ago
212 posts
welcome back -- your journey sounds a lot like mine, in the fact that you got divorced, went back to school, and got rid of ur car (in exchange for a bike / train ) and started locking ur hair,.interesting !!!
Lonnie Berg
@lonnie-berg
14 years ago
219 posts
When ya find time link me up to some info on Natural Hygiene Naturopathy.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
just realized we will be able to call ya dr dread dr didj dr durian they all got a good ring to em

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
14 years ago
458 posts
Seems we are in the same boat, just different decks. I'm glad you are still pushing to stay a positive influence on others, it's always so easy to slip back into negative habits when things are overwhelming.
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
14 years ago
458 posts
*juice and cake*
Emily
@emily
14 years ago
203 posts
Welcome back Didj! Blessings, i hope everything works out :)
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form