Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Back again :) Also is this dread tam too tight?

Nicolas Faieta
@nicolas-faieta
14 years ago
17 posts
Hello everyone. I had started my dreads a couple months ago but a couple weeks in i combed them out. I've decided to restart them and am now 40 days in with no comb or resi shampoo. I have been looking into wool dread tams but until I get one I have been using a wool sweater on my pillow at night. Also while looking through a bag of hats last night I found a 100% wool hat. Its more of a tighter taboggon with a brim. My question is: Can the hat you use to sleep at night be too tight? This hat is not extremely tight but in order to jam all my hair into it makes the hair pretty much stuck in one little tight pile right on the back of my head. Is this ok for the hair? This morning I woke up and let my hair out to find it was all folded up like an accordian and massively chaotic, which is fine. Plus I noticied the hair to be about an inch shorter than normal just from smashing it into a ball. Is this ok or should i invest in a looser wool tam that allows the hair to rest freely with some movement instead of being smashed into a tight little ball.
updated by @nicolas-faieta: 01/13/15 08:32:30PM
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
14 years ago
458 posts
Yay! Nattys! I'd think a looser one would be more comfortable if you plan to sleep in it.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
kinda expected a picturebut sounds like its doing ok but might make u have top seperate more

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jordan Hannah
@jordan-hannah
13 years ago
4 posts
I would imagine that using a hat like that would make many many congos if not just one big one if not properly separated. I suggest either buying a tam or crocheting one yourself.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form