Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dandruff, scabs, scalp is on fire.

Eric Is Asche
@eric-is-asche
14 years ago
37 posts
the title describes it all. my scalp is going crazy. i got the dandruff, and i got scabs everywhere. especially in the hair right under my dreads. it hurts, and i'm scratching all the time. i work at panera bread so i gotta pull them back into a pony tail. and wear a hat. and i sweat my ass off. please for the love of jah how do i get rid of this?

eRic

updated by @eric-is-asche: 01/13/15 08:32:19PM
Ivan
@ivan
14 years ago
88 posts
that could be the answer right there. keeping the hair in a hat and tied up all the time while sweating a lot definitely irritates the scalp. it could also be from products in your locks if you use any.
ourdub
@ourdub
14 years ago
47 posts
what are you using to wash your hair? and how long have you had your dreads?
Eric Is Asche
@eric-is-asche
14 years ago
37 posts
i've been using baking soda. ive had them since some time last summer
ourdub
@ourdub
14 years ago
47 posts
are you using acv to rinse after? Eric Is Asche said:
Eric Is Asche
@eric-is-asche
14 years ago
37 posts
i haven't been. i'm gonna try the vinegar thing today r.dub said:
are you using acv to rinse after?
Eric Is Asche said:
ourdub
@ourdub
14 years ago
47 posts
perfect - the acv should help a LOT - sounds like your scalp just got majorly fried from not rinsing the bsoda out. i dunno how long the scabs will take to heal - but rubbing instead of scratching should help prevent making it worse/more wounds until then. also dont know how diluted of a mix u are using (water:bs).. as far as speeding up the healing process and soothing the burn of the scalp - i'll leave that to someone with more overstanding. (maybe aloe or peppermint oil?)good luck to you - hope to hear how it turns out Eric Is Asche said:
i haven't been. i'm gonna try the vinegar thing today

r.dub said:
are you using acv to rinse after?

Eric Is Asche said:
Lex
@lex
14 years ago
217 posts
you could try washing with just water for a bit, or just rinsing your hair twice a week or so to get it clear of all the baking soda and see if this helps. Tea tree oil diluted will help the itches and the scabs. I would take a month off from putting stuff on your obviously unhappy scalp though, and maybe tying it back a little looser.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
in adition to everyuthing everyone said...have someone check u thouroughly for bugs..bugs can causde scabs cause severe itching etchave no fear if u got em u can get rid of em if u do got enm post a new threadadd to the acv rinse a lil candula teateee and rosemaRY TEATREE DISINFECTS ROSEMARY HELPS DANDRUFF CANDULA HELPS SKIN ISSUES..A TINT BIT OF OLIVE OIL TOO WILL CONDITION THE SCALP

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Eric Is Asche
@eric-is-asche
14 years ago
37 posts
thanks for all the advice. i guess i'll look around for these oils. my town is small. and may not have a store that sells them.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form