Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

3 months into freeform - visible scalp on the back of my head

rays of the sun
@rays-of-the-sun
2 years ago
21 posts

Hey everybody, almost 3 months into my freeform journey now, which has been quite the adventure. My hair is locking up well, but I have noticed a couple times in the past 2 months, that there’s a scalp-y place on the back of my head. No lady wants to feel like she looks bald. :-(

Flipping them from side to side throughout the day does seem to help with the visible scalp, and I have the feeling that I tend to sleep on that part of my head.

Does anyone have any advice to help me through this? Most days I love my unique, freeform wild hair, but I have already had a couple tough days in this journey, where I’ve questioned why I’m doing this and what the heck am I actually doing. Words of support appreciated. <3

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
2 years ago
29,640 posts

They will get better I wouldn’t worry about it the two look like they might need to be separated it’s hard to tell

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
rays of the sun
@rays-of-the-sun
2 years ago
21 posts
I don’t think separating is an issue, I know in the first pic of the back of my head, it looks like there’s 2 that are connected, but they’re not. There’s no pulling or tugging, all my locks hang freely.
I will keep flipping my locks from side to side, and putting my hair up above my head before I go to sleep, so I don’t lay back on my scalp so much
mellowtone
@mellowtone
2 years ago
48 posts
Your locs look so good! I’m two months in and not seeing much on either side yet yours are awesome
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form