Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Stranger Dreads

Alden
@alden
15 years ago
303 posts
The only other person I know with dreads is my younger brother. So when I see another dreadhead, I get all excited and want to talk their ears off!! But 9 times out of 10, when I go running up to them with all the vigor of a 4 year old trying to get the ice cream truck to stop, and tell them their dreads are sooooo good looking, they generally look at me like I'm daft. I don't get it, this happen to anyone else? Or, have you been the poor victim of an overly excited dready sibling?
updated by @alden: 01/13/15 08:25:00PM
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
15 years ago
458 posts
I guess some people just don't appreciate high energy individuals. =p
Alden
@alden
15 years ago
303 posts
lol, I love running into dreadheads I don't know!!! I think they must think I'm a little nutty too.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
around philly theres a dreadie on every corner, most at least will give ya a freindly nodim movin to the bible belt soon thoughh and theres only a very small number there, i guess in places like that ya either react with extreme excitement over seeing another dread, or ya feel intimidated..i dunno..plus then again som,e have that higher then thou attitude..they are just people and all people react differently in different situationsmost around here at least are freindly but dont generaly go outta theyre way to strike up conversations

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Matthew Breen
@matthew-breen
15 years ago
17 posts
yaaay you used "daft" haha but anyways omg dreads are rare around my area but if i ever see one we instantly have a connection lol its funny cuz like i will be walking with a bunch of people and the dreaded guy will like say whats up or say something to just me and they are like do you know him or something and i am like of course we both have dreads lol .
Alden
@alden
15 years ago
303 posts
lolI would love that. Living in Indiana I see no other dreadies on any kind of regular basis. But I do run into a few who are eager to chat it up!!OMG!!! I the cook in a pub, and I wrap my hair in a satin scarf while I'm working so I don't have one flop into the grill or into the deep fryer, but after my shift I 'let my hair down', literally. Well I had a very large woman with no teeth and one of the most beast-mode mullets I've ever seen come up to me and simply say "You haves dreadlurks, doesn't chya!?" And replied simply "I's does!!! And yalls haves a mullets HUH!!!!!!?"LOL she wasn't sure how to respond so I just turned back to the bar to finish my drink.lol, I love hill billies!!!
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
15 years ago
458 posts
lol@ beast-mode mullet
beinknotty
@beinknotty
15 years ago
8 posts
what part of indiana are you in? I used to live in delphi, talk about hillbillies, cant say i ever saw a dreadie there.there are surprisingly few dreadies where I live now but it seems im the one that others notice, weird cause im only a month in and they look like sh!t most of the time.
Alden
@alden
15 years ago
303 posts
yeah, when I am telling a story via typing I like to really get into character, and it just wouldn't be the same story without the proper reading of her improper pronunciations. lol
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form