Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Itchy/dandruff

Mithras31
@mithras31
3 years ago
3 posts

Hello people. I'm kind of new to this site again after several years. Currently on my second dread journey since cutting off my two year old dreads in 2014. I'm almost 1 month into this set and my scalp itches furiously and I have alot of nasty dandruff. I use vicki's shampoo and it's great but does nothing for my scalp problems. The last time I had dreads I used vicki's bars and maybe once a month I'd do the BS/ACV and essential oils method and I rarely had scalp problems. I'm gonna try this method once my next wash day to see if it helps. I've tried using just spray bottle with water and tea tree, peppermint and a bit of sweet almond oil. It helps for maybe a couple hours but then the itching comes back. My dandruff remains tho.

I find the only thing that helps the most is tying my hair back pretty tight.

Anyways it's extremely annoying and I'd prefer avoiding seeing a dermatologist and or brushing them out, taking care of the problem and starting over again. Then again I'm only 1 month in.

Long story short. Anyone have any advice? Much appreciated. Will try and post pics later on

updated by @mithras31: 12/02/23 08:24:16AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
3 years ago
29,640 posts

1 DO NOT DO BS/ACV it will destroy yoyr hair

2 I found out the hard way that the YEAST in the bear in Vicki’s caused an increase in dermatitis (most dandruff isn’t really dandruff) Vicki has a new scratch attack shampoo spray and oil that are MAGICAL they are not yet on the site so special request them

also naked or nude whatever it’s called has no beer

try the scratch attack..it works wonders 

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Mithras31
@mithras31
3 years ago
3 posts
Ok thanks I'll message the shop and give it a shot.
That's crazy tho I remember this site used to swear by that method and in my experience I never had any problems with my scalp or hair apart from feeling a tad bit dry sometimes.
Mithras31
@mithras31
3 years ago
3 posts
Also could I perhaps soak my hair/scalp in warm water with essential oils mixed? Just avoid BC and ACV altogether?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
3 years ago
29,640 posts

Baking soda is harsh enough to burn off skin, acv, put a bone in it overnight and you can tie a knot in it in the morning.. after using it 4 years I was losing 8-10 inches off dreads every day and pinching sone lint the hair came with it like it decintegrated

we used to swear by it till we realized how harsh it was 

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
3 years ago
29,640 posts

As far as essential oils yes the active ingredient in scratch attack is a weakened version of a very strong oregano 

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form