Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

I'm back!!!

ZRaashaq
@zraashaq
4 years ago
3 posts

Hey, all! I joined some seven-eight years ago because I wanted dreads. Now I have them! I had them done via extensions and the crochet method. They're only two weeks old now, and I'm so glad I went through with it finally!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
4 years ago
29,639 posts

you should have stuck around you would have known crochet is 1 of the absolute worse ways to start dreads

never ever recroichet or letthat hook touch your hair

use light conditioning to loosen them in a huirry if they are very tight and stiff

and its highly likely that you will hate the extendsions and cut them off relatively soon

really wosh you stuck around and researched more 1st

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
ZRaashaq
@zraashaq
4 years ago
3 posts

I had researched first, but with how my life has been I haven't been able to grow them out myself. The extensions are already meant to be temporary and I'm working on letting the roots do their own thing. This site isn't the only place I've been lurking for years.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
4 years ago
29,639 posts

typically crochet leaves them stiff for up to 3 years

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Peaceful_Passer
@peaceful-passer
4 years ago
233 posts

Well I’d like to say Hi, and welcome you on your journey, however you’ve chosen to start. I did mess with a few of my freeform locks a few years ago and quickly regretted it. Let me say, dreads should not hurt, minus the separating part and even that isn’t anything to snuff at after the first few months; for me anyways. The worst of separating was nothing compared to the month or so of constant pulling at my scalp (and SORES!) from pulling hairs through and creating tension at my escaló. I brushed out my rip and twist ones after a month because I could not handle the pain and pulling... All that said. In a few months/years-ish, if you do nothing else but take extensions out and separate you’ll love how your head feels! I use Vicki’s dreadlock shampoo and LOVE it!! I thought tea tree would be my stuff but it turns out I LOVE activated charcoal, patchouli, and dragons blood- smells AMAZING, I haven’t tried it yet ( one of the kids hid it from me- BUT I found it. Lol). Welcome. Send pictures !

updated by @peaceful-passer: 07/01/20 01:14:39AM
ZRaashaq
@zraashaq
4 years ago
3 posts
Peaceful_Passer:

Well I’d like to say Hi, and welcome you on your journey, however you’ve chosen to start. I did mess with a few of my freeform locks a few years ago and quickly regretted it. Let me say, dreads should not hurt, minus the separating part and even that isn’t anything to snuff at after the first few months; for me anyways. The worst of separating was nothing compared to the month or so of constant pulling at my scalp (and SORES!) from pulling hairs through and creating tension at my escaló. I brushed out my rip and twist ones after a month because I could not handle the pain and pulling... All that said. In a few months/years-ish, if you do nothing else but take extensions out and separate you’ll love how your head feels! I use Vicki’s dreadlock shampoo and LOVE it!! I thought tea tree would be my stuff but it turns out I LOVE activated charcoal, patchouli, and dragons blood- smells AMAZING, I haven’t tried it yet ( one of the kids hid it from me- BUT I found it. Lol). Welcome. Send pictures !

I actually grabbed some Dollylocks products all on Nag Champa save for one item that didn't have that option. I honestly am so glad I finally have them, regardless of method to start due to how my anxiety works. I didn't have any tender scalp issues even though they're nice and tight without being too close to the scalp. There was a bit of pain in the process near my hairline, but that was only for three dreads. I'll definitely be sharing pictures!
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form