Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Newbie Question about length

YoungRee
@youngree
5 years ago
4 posts

Hi so i am really considering getting dreadlocks, but i love the look of long dreadlocks(Shoulder length and longer) my current deadlocked hair reaches just below my shoulder is there anyway to either preserve this length or artificially lengthen my dreadlocks until they are at an acceptable length without causing irreparable harm? any advice or thoughts would be appreciated!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,640 posts

there is but not a good idea, cause of the harm. get the words 'getting dreadlocks' out of your vacabulary, only think of it as growing dreadlocks. they aren't something you just go out and buyy..unless your doing it all wroing. instead they grow with you as you grow with them

al dreads ifd allowed to dread shrink, by alot, but then grow and grow andgrow, mine were just a couple incches at 1st now twice the length of my body. they will have to get short to form properly7 but then onbce they are growing theres no stopping them. you'll have long dreads in mo time

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
YoungRee
@youngree
5 years ago
4 posts
So you're saying that using something like weave or extra hair would cause damage
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,640 posts

yes. the way its attached is very harmful\ plus they would need to be well established dreads to extend them, or if not at least 8 months old have been started using the most damaging methods there are like crochet

how were you thinking of starting?

--
YoungRee
@youngree
5 years ago
4 posts
Three strand twist
Gazzunger the Grey
@gazzunger-the-grey
5 years ago
91 posts

@youngree  consider going natural, there's all the info and support you need here.  Be Patient and accept the shrinkage..(mine started halfway down my back ,are now close to shoulder length and will probably end up even shorter) 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,640 posts

whatever you do, never retwist!

that just causes balding

--
YoungRee
@youngree
5 years ago
4 posts