Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

soften stiff dreads?

whisky sour
@whisky-sour
5 years ago
16 posts

Hey all. so i got my dreads just over a year ago. i had them started via crotchet method. im pretty happy with them. i only had it done once so i had control over number and size and just let them do their own thing. anyway, there a few that are quite stiff, a result of crotchet i know can anyone explain how to use aloe/jobba to soften them please

thank you all

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,639 posts

well crochet stiffness can last years from 1 use, but yes aloe and jojoba can help. i use a pitcher and add like a 1/3 of a cup of pure aloe (if not from the plant it should have just 1 ingredient, aloe and nothing else) and/or about a dropper full of jojoba oil or argon..pour over  let sit a few min then kinda 1/2 rinse.. not a full rinse just a quick spray to spread it through rinsing out any excess but leaving a lil in to continue to condition.

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
whisky sour
@whisky-sour
5 years ago
16 posts

cheers mate, i dont they are worse case scenario crotchet dreads and are going to just let them do their thing, they have grown out at the roots about 1 1/2 inches now, i would advise anyone against this method but i was not educated enough at the time. enjoy watching them change for the better over time

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,639 posts

softening and loosening them will speed up recovery

--
whisky sour
@whisky-sour
5 years ago
16 posts

how often should i do this?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,639 posts

as needed/desired  certainly cant hurt to do it fairly often till mthey azre soft anmnd looser so they can dread right from there on, omnce soft and loose .stop.. let em dread and progtre4ss till mature..then you can do it as needed but not too often

--
Litzalocks
@litzalocks
5 years ago
5 posts

my dreads are only 1 month at the oldest and crocheted. but i didnt crochet them tight. my dreads are a bit stiff right now, but im leaving them. i am also in Loop central which us fun! My hair is a rollercoaster and im on for the ride, as i say on my other socials haha! i see a lot if people use Apple Cider Vinegar rinses to help soften stiff locks! maybe its an idea?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,639 posts

that softens by dissolving no thats not a good way to soften

if your in the loopy stage then it didn't delay anything and no need to loosen them   well it will help reduce stiffness  but  with tight crocheted dreads i recommend loosening till they start to be loose enough to loop.  then stop

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form