Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hi! I am new to the forum and figured I would introduce myself and stop lurking :)

slightlysane
@slightlysane
5 years ago
3 posts

Hi, Newbie here. I just started my dread journey two and half weeks ago and I have been reading the post on this forum for a couple of months. 

I am going the Freeform - Neglect method and just going to separate. 

I have some pictures from my two week mark that I will add here. 

Hope everyone is doing well and having a good time :)

Oh also, I had a question. I have some hair that is starting to knot up at the ends and at the roots but the middle is competly loose. Is that pretty normal? It should sort itself out as time goes on right?

Peace and Love, 

SlightlySane

resize5.jpg
resize5.jpg  •  807KB

resize3.jpg
resize3.jpg  •  827KB

resize .jpg
resize .jpg  •  806KB

resize2.jpg
resize2.jpg  •  773KB

resize4.jpg
resize4.jpg  •  800KB

updated by @slightlysane: 01/22/20 09:33:16AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,640 posts

omfg i love your hair!!

i mean drools  wow 

yes yes that is perfectly normal it will lock right up

but you got to post often cause in case you havent heard.. i love your freaking hair!

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
slightlysane
@slightlysane
5 years ago
3 posts

Thank you :) You are awesome. I have seen your posts and saw you on youtube and you are one of the only people I have come across who always gives people solid advise. I have seen so many website and youtubers telling people they have to crotchet their hair and put wax in them and all this crazy stuff. I have even seen someone say to put mud in your hair and let it dry. So it is good to have you out here proving so many myths wrong. 

my hair has always been super thick and gets pretty frizzy. I have also always been really lazy about brushing it so I figured this was the perfect solution. Usually If I go a few days without brushing my hair it starts to get all matted in the back so I figured... well it is already trying to lock on its own after just a few days so might as well let it do what it wants to. 

Plus I have always loved the way locked hair looks :) I just never considered it before because I worried about the looks I would get from people during the messy stage or what my family would say. but as I got older, grew as a person, and began having realizations about this illusion we call life, I began to focus more on myself and cared less of what other people might think of me or how they might judge me. 

long story short. This is something I have wanted to do for some time and I am finally taking the plunge :)

I will keep posting pics of my progress .

☮ soaring eagle ॐ:

omfg i love your hair!!

i mean drools  wow 

yes yes that is perfectly normal it will lock right up

but you got to post often cause in case you havent heard.. i love your freaking hair!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,640 posts

well when you don't want peoples money you can afford to e honest ;)

so how old are you then?

don't worry about negativity you'll get some but way more positive responses

if you get ttoo much negativity..come here i'll load you up with positive praise and so will everyone here

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
lopenator
@lopenator
5 years ago
75 posts
Welcome!
Peaceful_Passer
@peaceful-passer
5 years ago
233 posts
Beautiful welcome! Glad to see another comrade in this rebel of life ;P haha!!

Its perfectly normal to see them lock at different times in different phases and sections. My back hairs are thick and locked tight, my bangs are locking so perfectly, then everything in between is in the inbetween lol!

I used to hear that i looked good for someone's who didn't brush their hair enough... lmao, locks were the obvious solution.

Welcome:)
Gazzunger the Grey
@gazzunger-the-grey
5 years ago
91 posts

@slightly sane  Welcome from darkest Cornwall... stay patient and wash often(well 2/3 times weekly).  It only took me aboout 20 years to decide to

"take the plunge": enjoy the ride and funny looks folks will give you. 

@ peaceful-passer  my locks are starting to take shape after 14 months, all at their own speed and sometimes frustrating unruly and rebellious, they are all individuals like us  

slightlysane
@slightlysane
5 years ago
3 posts

Hi agian, 

Just a quick update. I am 4 weeks in now and I have some new pictures to add. My hair is doing something and getting very messy and frizzy. lol 

I have one monster in the back of my head that is trying to suck in every hair it can grab hold of and I have to keep separating it all the time. 

having fun with it though and enjoying the process. 

Peace!

20190701_224826.jpg
20190701_224826.jpg  •  1.4MB

20190701_224652.jpg
20190701_224652.jpg  •  1.2MB

20190701_225022.jpg
20190701_225022.jpg  •  1.1MB

20190701_224613.jpg
20190701_224613.jpg  •  1.3MB

20190701_224919.jpg
20190701_224919.jpg  •  1.1MB

20190701_224622.jpg