Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

this happened to my dreadlocks

dolandrandom
@dolandrandom
5 years ago
13 posts

i have loose curly hair and i decided to do dreadlocks a while back. i restarted my dreads and decided to do them with only a towel. they were fine and i noticed that my hair became straight a bit and now my hair looks like this! is there any way to fix it or is there a way to do dreads with hair like this?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,640 posts

jus leave it alne let it dread on its own and separate as neeed but longer hair dreads faster

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,640 posts

towel rubbings silly and you can erase 3 months progrss in a minute that way

--
dolandrandom
@dolandrandom
5 years ago
13 posts
thank you for this. i sort of noticed not much change with towel and i’ll try the natural method now. i have some questions though: how do you dry your hair when getting out of the shower? how long does it take to dread? i currently use dolly locks liquid shampoo for my hair and wash every other day
Duskwood
@duskwood
5 years ago
45 posts

Honestly, one of the best advice I've gotten on growing dreadlocks is 'it's about the journey, not the destination'. Try not to worry about how long it takes :) That said, most people seem to suggest not bothering your hair too much, shaking it out after a shower and then letting it dry naturally. I try and do that, I also pat my hair dry with a regular towel just to get the most of the water out. But yeah, I think once you try and enjoy the progress rather than the end result, it is a lot more enjoyable :) Just my two cents! :D

dolandrandom
@dolandrandom
5 years ago
13 posts
Duskwood:

Honestly, one of the best advice I've gotten on growing dreadlocks is 'it's about the journey, not the destination'. Try not to worry about how long it takes :) That said, most people seem to suggest not bothering your hair too much, shaking it out after a shower and then letting it dry naturally. I try and do that, I also pat my hair dry with a regular towel just to get the most of the water out. But yeah, I think once you try and enjoy the progress rather than the end result, it is a lot more enjoyable :) Just my two cents! :D

haha well thank you for this. the people i go to for help are really about toweling or sponging or using gels and wax and stuff. i’m gonna try this freedom method now. thank you for the help
Peaceful_Passer
@peaceful-passer
5 years ago
233 posts
My bangs never dreaded until now, they've grown to my chin and have dreaded faster than most hairs
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,640 posts

ifthey suggest wax laugh at them and tell them they know absolutely nothing about dreads wax is a dread killer

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form