Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hello! Newbie here ;)

Tater
@tater
5 years ago
54 posts

Hi!! I hope everyone is doing great on this lovely day 💙 :)

I'm new here, though I've been stalking the place without an account for a couple weeks lol. I'm just a hair over 3 weeks in....and I'm absolutely in love with the journey!!! In the beginning, I thought "I just want my dreads to be dreads"....but now I'm learning that the journey is 75% of it. I'm evolving along with my hair and it's just so fun and interesting!!! I wish I'd have started them years ago, as I've wanted them my whole life....but honestly, I think I'm meant to live the journey here and now. What a wonderful time! 

Anywho. I think my hair is dreading really fast....I started with TNR, then let nature do its thing (after washing all the wax out cuz I was an idiot the first few days LMAO). I'm going to try to add pics, as I just got out the shower and they've done some things in that time frame lol. Can anyone tell me if this is normal progress, or if it seems fast? I'm loving the journey so much that it's almost too fast!!!

updated by @tater: 05/17/19 11:49:30AM
Tater
@tater
5 years ago
54 posts
Um, also, how do I make this thing to where the text doesn't run off the side of the page? Lol I hope you guys can read it
Tater
@tater
5 years ago
54 posts
In case you can't read it (I think it has to do with the images) here's what I wrote:

Hi!! I hope everyone is doing great on this lovely day 💙 :)

I'm new here, though I've been stalking the place without an account for a couple weeks lol. I'm just a hair over 3 weeks in....and I'm absolutely in love with the journey!!! In the beginning, I thought "I just want my dreads to be dreads"....but now I'm learning that the journey is 75% of it. I'm evolving along with my hair and it's just so fun and interesting!!! I wish I'd have started them years ago, as I've wanted them my whole life....but honestly, I think I'm meant to live the journey here and now. What a wonderful time!

Anywho. I think my hair is dreading really fast....I started with TNR, then let nature do its thing (after washing all the wax out cuz I was an idiot the first few days LMAO). I'm going to try to add pics, as I just got out the shower and they've done some things in that time frame lol. Can anyone tell me if this is normal progress, or if it seems fast? I'm loving the journey so much that it's almost too fast!!!
FemalePheromones
@femalepheromones
5 years ago
414 posts

First off welcome to the website and well done for getting rid of the wax ASAP. That would have caused a lot of problems.

Tater: Um, also, how do I make this thing to where the text doesn't run off the side of the page? Lol I hope you guys can read it

It could be the images. When I embed pics I usually pic size large and then position normal and margin none and they seem OK. You can get 3 pics across the screen that way and can easily put text above or below.

As for your hair it's looking good. I started with TnR last summer and mine looked very similar to yours for a while. You can see my (not regularly updated) progress here https://www.dreadlockssite.com/dreadlocks-forums/forum/new_posts/116675/twist-rip-timeline

What sort of shampoo are you using? The right type of shampoo can make a massive difference to your progress.

--
I'm on Twitter @FemalePheromone
and Instagram @FemalePheromones
Tater
@tater
5 years ago
54 posts
@femalepheromones
Thank you! I'll have to try to figure out how to do all that next time I post. I'm still getting used to the site lol.
Right now, I'm using DreadheadHQ because I bought it before finding this site....but as soon as it's empty, I'm switching to the one recommended here. Every now and then, I use the wax remover (just to be sure I have no residue) and that seems to do a LOT to the dreading process (for the better!)..... I've been looking at timelines and such, and it just seems like mine is going really fast. Maybe not. But mine looks a lot like other people's 2-3 months-ish area (in my opinion) though I have quite a few that still haven't started looping or anything. This is such an exciting stage, I almost want to drag it out lol. It's a messy mess (not sure if pics really do any justice) but I love all the zigs, zags, and loopty loops! :)
Tater
@tater
5 years ago
54 posts
After clicking the link, I realized I've seen your timeline and read the whole thing before 😅 now I really feel like a creep lmao.
FemalePheromones
@femalepheromones
5 years ago
414 posts

Haha no worries that's what it's there for.

But yeah the shampoo that you can get from the link under shops at the top of this site is the best one I've tried for sure. I noticed loops within a week of switching to it and have never gone back.

Tater: I've been looking at timelines and such, and it just seems like mine is going really fast. Maybe not. But mine looks a lot like other people's 2-3 months-ish area

That might be because a lot of people seem to go completely natural rather than starting with TnR. It makes your hair seem "dreadlike" from the start but they will still change a lot. They will get messier and curlier and shorter and harder but it is quite a long road. One thing that will massively hinder your process is tying your hair up. I tie mine up at work all day but hairbands come out as soon as I get home. The worst part is where my hair had shrunk so much that it didn't really reach the hairband anymore so tying it up can be a bit of a pain, some dreads are constantly falling out.

--
Tater
@tater
5 years ago
54 posts
Thanks for the pointers! Yeah, I got their wax remover, but I ordered it through Etsy (literally just being lazy, because Etsy already had all my info lol)...I try not to tie mine up, but I'll put a loose bandana on if I'm going somewhere important. Sometimes I'll tie the ones around my face together at the back of my head (that probably made no sense), but I don't really use hairbands. I can't wait to try their shampoo though, I see so many good things about it! I'll probably end up using way more shampoo than I need to until my bottle is empty, just to validate buying the new one 😂
FemalePheromones
@femalepheromones
5 years ago
414 posts
Well I actually still half half a bottle of Dollylocks shampoo which I've kept for when I run out of the Dreadlocks Shampoo and can atleast use that while I wait to order more.

Shipping to the UK is something like £25 so it can't just be done whenever. Only when I've got the spare cash.

--
Tater
@tater
5 years ago
54 posts
That's a really good idea!
Yeah, it's $25 after shipping here...and I already thought that was a nice chunk of change lol. I had messaged her asking if I could buy a smaller bottle to try it first before committing to $25 lol. But she never responded and I'm planning on buying it anyways 🤷
 / 4

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form