Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dirt/lint/dust build up

loveharmony12
@loveharmony12
5 years ago
3 posts

Helloo! Sending infinite love and light to all! I've been growing my dreads for a year now and washing once a week the whole time. I've started to notice a lottt of dirt/lint build up in them, showing on the outside and inside. It has no odor at all so I know it isn't mold. On some it's more noticeable than others. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! I've seen on here people not recommending the baking soda/acc deep rinse so I was wondering of any others i could use to try and rinse all the dirt/lint out. I work in landscaping so it's not a surprise this would happen. Much love! 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,640 posts

no do not do the baking soda acv! its extremely harsh and slowly destroys your hair! worse mistake ever made on this site was recommending that

i would lose 6-10 inches off dreds very day when i was using that they were sooooo weak

what are you washing with now most recommend www.dreadlockshampoo.com for everyday wshing (bars for u) but for a deep cleanse thy make 1 called detox, thats activvated bamboo charcoal based, it super cleans them, pretty much purifies them. i find it removes most f not all lint

mine are 10 feet lng and have dragged on the ground over a decade so i had a whole lotta lint.. i used the detox..and was shocked to find it just vanished

your dreads are exra thick, that makes them extra hard to care for

have you been washing with dr brnners or anything like that/

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
loveharmony12
@loveharmony12
5 years ago
3 posts
Yes I have been using dr.bronners. However when I look through them it doesn't seem to be soap build up its more dirt/dust but I will definitely switch over to the bar soap from that website. Would you recommend washing more often with the bar ?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,640 posts

bronners will build up in hard water

how often are you washing/ weekly or more is recommended 2-3 times a weeks good.. but yours are extra thick and may dry slow so ..

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
loveharmony12
@loveharmony12
5 years ago
3 posts
Thank you ! Appreciate the replies. Hope you are beautiful and blessed.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form