Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Scalp Psoriasis

Chivvy
@chivvy
5 years ago
1 posts

i'm early on my journey, just a few months in, i'll soon be posting a introduction with a load of pics to ask for any advice on offer but for now i wan't to ask the question that led me here:...

i have psoriasis on my scalp

before dreading i just used T-gel medicated shampoo 2-3 times per week , t-gel feels like it leaves a residue and my hair always felt very soft after washing. When i started dreading i initially began by massaging t-gel into my scalp/roots then washing all my hair with dread shampoo to remove any t-gel residue.

now obviously this isn't sustainable and i figure all the extra washing is probably doing some harm and i feel like the t-gel could be slowing the process.

i'm hoping someone on here already has some experience of this particular problem.

i figure i either need shampoo that is good for both, a clarifying/dread shampoo that contains coal tar (active ingredient in t-gel), OR a treatment i can massage into my scalp before a shower when i would follow with a proper shampoo.

any advice?

updated by @chivvy: 01/22/20 09:33:16AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,640 posts

coal tar is toxic a carcinogen in fact t gel is the number 1 most toxix shampoo sold

you do not need t gel or toxic shampoos

i would use the pathouli dread shampoo from dreadlockshampoo.com  wash more often and only wash in cold water not hot

beleve it or not psoriasis can be caused by shampoos specificly by the toxic ingredients like sls and i believe t gel has sls

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 1

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form