dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Amor y paz, friends!

Eretoryi
@eretoryi
5 years ago
6 posts

Hey everyone,

My name is Mica and I just started my second dread journey on Monday. My first journey, several years ago, lasted about a year and started with backcombing and wax. I found this site shortly after the startup damage had been done and I attempted to get the wax out. Something like two years later, when I cut my hair (huge mistake, haha), I found some buildup inside my dreads after all.

This time I intend to go all natural. I have a few newbie concerns, despite having experienced much of this journey before, but I know that everything will work out with time. My main concern is pursuing my professional career (I teach at a Christian elementary school) while my hair is looking crazy.

I see the site still has some people hanging out and that makes me really happy. I look forward to celebrating some progress with you all, hopefully soon!

1 week.jpg
1 week.jpg  •  62KB

updated by @eretoryi: 04/14/19 01:56:44PM
TashTash
@tashtash
5 years ago
76 posts
Hi 😊 I’m dreading natural too and I don’t think the messiness is really that noticeable. I have a frizzy aura some days but mostly it kinda just looks like I have curly hair, especially if I wear it up. I’ve been taking a photo every day and posting them up on my page if you want to see a daily progress sort of thing, I’m almost at 6 months. Your hair is quite short at the moment to really see much happening for a bit, but I’ve read that curly hair does dread quicker so once you get a bit more length I think it’ll dread really nicely 😊
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,640 posts

well read the featured post titled 'dreads in the workplace your rights to wear dreads explained'

as a christian who wants to dread ..and a teacher.. its a teachable moment about the nazarite vows and what that means. i don't wanna be nagative but you may find alot of hipocrocy in the schools policy potentialy

you do have both the law, and the very tennets of the belief system they subscribe to that supports your rights to dread

but that don't mean te really uppity and higher then though types won;t try to make an issue of it

joseph- nazarite

john the baptist- nazarite

if messy hair was ok enough for that close proximity to the main charachters..  it should be just fine around the kids

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Eretoryi
@eretoryi
5 years ago
6 posts

@tashtash I have seen your pictures! Your hair is awesome. I know my hair is pretty short now but I'm looking forward to getting it back soon. I think I'm way too lazy to take daily pictures but I could see myself tracking it weekly because I'm already tracking nutrition and fitness each week. Either way, I'll be hanging around here for sure.

@soaring-eagle Yeah, I saw the article recently and it confirmed much of what I already supposed. Coincidentally, I have actually taken a Nazirite vow, based on the examples you have given, already. It seems like we are very much on the same page concerning my religious rights. I look forward to putting my workplace to the test, haha.

No offense taken about Christian hypocrisy. I think everyone is hypocritical from time to time, so I don't take it personally.

updated by @eretoryi: 04/14/19 05:03:13PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,640 posts

its a generality and  i am pleased when i find specific people who don't fit the generality

--
Eretoryi
@eretoryi
5 years ago
6 posts
Just a quick update:

I wash two or three times a week with Just 4 Dreads, using a cup to pour water over my hair, rather than putting my head under the water pressure of the shower. While my hair is a bit short (it’s about to my collar in the back), I’m hoping to start seeing some knots soon. Despite my lack of progress so far, I’m really glad to be growing my hair again :D
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,640 posts

you can consider biotin maybe

--
Eretoryi
@eretoryi
5 years ago
6 posts
Thank you for the suggestion but I’m content for now. Obviously, I would love to have my hair back instantly but I know it will return to its former glory over the next couple years!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,640 posts

great attitude

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form