Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Been towel rubbing for almost 2 months. If I stop, will my hair continue to lock up?

DreadJay
@dreadjay
5 years ago
51 posts

Hey folks.

I stopped maintaining my hair 2 months ago. I started towel rubbing with a thin towel and have done this almost daily since. Here's my hair currently (sorry about poor quality picture I only have a webcam to take photos). There are lots and lots of locks forming that survive the wash but I don't like all this towel rubbing. Thankfully I've not had much hair loss as a result.

But, I want to stop rubbing. If I was to leave my hair alone and do nothing to it from now will my hair continue to lock up?

I've getting a bit tired of people telling me "your hair looks a mess" and "wtf cut your hair dude". They don't understand what I'm doing and why so I think I've been feeling a bit of social pressure to try rush it ... which I know is going to cause problems down the line.

It's less bushy when I don't rub, but this pic was taken after towel rubbing.

Any advice and guidance is much appreciate.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,640 posts

it will lock up alot more if u leave it alone

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
DreadJay
@dreadjay
5 years ago
51 posts

I'm going to stop the rubbing now completely. I've read many of your posts during my time pre-registration. I love your dreads, some of the best I've ever seen.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,640 posts

just happened from going camping.. maybe you can take a summer road trip to

maybe go to the gathering,  theres really no better place to read ..and you won;t see any dreads there that are ot natural

--
DreadJay
@dreadjay
5 years ago
51 posts

Good idea. Summer is breaking over here. Going to try find some gatherings for summer.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,640 posts

where ya at the big gatherig this year will be michigan/whisconsin

--
DreadJay
@dreadjay
5 years ago
51 posts

Responses seem to be delayed. I responded, but I can't see it. Possible caching problem?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,640 posts

yes thank you the server guys say no but i know so im having the litespeed guys look into it again

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,640 posts

i'm seeing it too

i cant get a sitemap crawl either. it always stalls..not times out or causes a 500 error..just..stalls after only 10-20%

so far i think always on images

im aware im trying to diagnose im not getting the server guys to see the prob

at least emails are sending again

--
DreadJay
@dreadjay
5 years ago
51 posts

I haven't been able to access. The screen kept covering with a grey box. I think it's something to do with the "who's online" widget thing. It was auto collapsed and filling the entire page. I'm using Brave Browser if it's any help for testing. I clicked the - button on the widget and it closed the very long box.

I've stopped rubbing. Haven't rubbed since posting this - so 2 days lol - but already my hair feels so much better. I've used trader joes tea tree tingle conditioner to wash my hair today and let my hair dry naturally. It looks and feels so much better! The afro look has gone. My hair doesn't look as dry. I had no idea the hair would lock naturally if you leave it alone.

Your other posts, and your help on this post are excellent. You should honestly write a book!

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form