Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

interlocking dreadlocks causes dreads to fall off

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
interlocking dreadlocks is a very bad idea and can cause dreads to break off, just today 12 people found our site wile using search terms simular to "are my dreads falling off because i interlocked" or "has interlocking caused my dreads to break" thats 12 people in 1 day whos dreads ad broken off due to interlocking
i've4 posted other threads about the dangers of interlocking but still for some reason some still think its a good idea

for many years ive heard horror stories about root flipping causing dreads to break, the word was out that root flipping was the worse thing you could do to dreads
so how did dread salons respond? did they stop root flipping? no, tey simply renamed it interlocking, now suddenly clueless new dreadheads who looked for acuratre info ad noting to go on since tey searched for a newly named interlocking instead of the infamouse root flipping.

now more and more people are questioning if interlocking also is bad
(hundreds of times tihs month weve been found under terms like is interlocking bad)

people are realizi8ng the damage it causes, but most find out too late.. when they are crying over lost dreads

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/14/15 05:40:19AM
LowRyderMan
@lowryderman
14 years ago
88 posts
what is interlocking?
Vinny
@vinny
14 years ago
82 posts
It's amazing to me that people still do this. I mean I understand the wax debate, and the crocheting debate, and all the other debates...but this is just common knowledge. I'm pretty sure even Knottyboy and DHHQ tell you not to pull this move.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
glad u asked it makes no sence at alltey split the roots in 2 and push entire dread through the gap pulling it out the other sideit causes the area to be very weak with the roots twistedit also removes the room roots need to dread so no natural dreading occurs till they grow out but most interlockers dont allow that they instead keep forcing unaturakl root tightness and weakness till dreads fall off LowRyderMan said:
what is interlocking?

--
K E A Z
@k-e-a-z
14 years ago
58 posts
SE iv gotten some of my dreads interlocked once & the last time im ever doing it.. about like 6 months ago when i asked to get my yarn braid things removed.. the lady just went ahed and started interlocking some of my dreadlocks... :s Are my dreads still going to be fine? they seem fine too me just my root Hair seems larger then some of my dreadlocks is that normal? =S
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
what do u mean by seeming larger tat maybe normalard to say witout seeingand well you'll ave a week spot where it was done..if it was just done once it;ll just be a weak point that wont nesacarily break..but wen its done alot its not just a weak point but a very weak areaedit: actualy i cant really tell you what will appen or not i know interlocking can cause breakage i cant say it always does just tat its well known to cause broken dreeads oftenid guess if it was only done once ten youd ave a weak point tat will be more easily broken thhen if it was never done but tat dont mean your going to lose a dread ewver..if it was done alot odviosly te risk is greatter...i hope your lucky and have no issues K E A Z said:
SE iv gotten some of my dreads interlocked once & the last time im ever doing it.. about like 6 months ago when i asked to get my yarn braid things removed.. the lady just went ahed and started interlocking some of my dreadlocks... :s Are my dreads still going to be fine? they seem fine too me just my root Hair seems larger then some of my dreadlocks is that normal? =S

--
K E A Z
@k-e-a-z
14 years ago
58 posts
ill show u some pics sometime this week of them SE. like 3 of my of my dreadlocks at the root it's like flat/wide undreaded hair there not coming out straight.. There just coming out flat/wide there not matching the rest of my dreadlocked hair. Im just wondering if thats normal for some roots to come out like that & would it straighted out over time?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
no all hair i met an african amerrican inj a drs office started adking bout my dreads ten puled 3 dreads out of is wallet ande asked wy tey broke off ande was cause of interlocfkingthe ppl u saw probloy had some break but its not like every single dread breaks and if 3-6 dreads broke sort u might not noticelots of bad shits being pused more and more

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
what are u talking about they say they LOOK good lookinmg good is not the same as being good that does not prove they wpnt break offeveryone here knew not to root flip or interlock..not 1 of them did it (1 did have it done to them and they had no idea whar interlocking was or how bad it was.. )99% knew interlocking was bad...if they knew what interlocking wass..most donmt because it makes no sencewhen u explain to them what interlocking is they will say that doesnt sound like a good idea at allagain you are 1 out of 900 that thonk interlocking is a goof idea..that is a fact.. and saying they look good is no deffence.. felted dreads look good if u like fake looking dreads but they fall apart and breakmany things used ti make dreads look good are very bad for dreadsthere is no way you can prove interlocking is not bad for dreads becaise everyone knows it is vad for dreads..if they know anything about it at all that is

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i have held dreads in my hand that broke from interlocking.. a guy in a drs office started asking mt why his broke..all hed done was interlockive helped ppl with dreads for maybe 8 years on other sites b4 comming here..ive heard of dozens of dreads breakingthe reason u dint hear more is so few ppl inyterlock less then 1/2 a percent of the 1/2 a percent 805 are salon dreads that dont last a year anyway so maybe cut before breakingyou wont have your proof till his dreads break so im closing this thread for now to end this stupidity Ryan Emmel said:
Vinny, DHHQ does instruct to rootflip. FYI.

Lets get some firsthand accounts. So far, I'm seeing hearsay, second hand evidence, and the "common sense" argument even though it's common knowledge that there's no such thing as common sense. Also, even if the community as a whole agreed that it was bad, that would not mean that it is, in fact, bad. It would mean that everyone thought it was bad. Until we have testimony from someone who has interlocked, lost a dread, and did not engage in other damaging dreading methods, SE hasn't presented any credible evidence.

Rastavanny is doing his best to prove that interlocking is not harmful. He's demonstrating using his own hair. The burden of proof lies with those opposed. Find some people who can tell us straight up what happened.

--
 / 6

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form