Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

drying my hair after washing (freeform, just started)

Duskwood
@duskwood
5 years ago
45 posts

So I'm about one month into my journey (I'm posting a progress thing soon), I don't have a hair dryer or anything and I just use simple organic cotton towels. I usually just try and rub my hair in all directions to dry it a bit, but never for too long because I don't want to mess with it too much. Then I often shake my head about a bit once I'm out of the bathroom.

I'm slightly worried that drying my hair with a towel might slow down the progress. Should I be worried? I'm trying to just not care and make sure my hair is dry before I go to bed, but if there's anything I can do different to help my baby roots to form, I'd like that.

I live in Scotland so I'm probably going to get myself a hair dryer once I can afford it, but one that doesn't get too hot, something environmentally friendly I suppose.

Dre
@dre
5 years ago
12 posts

I usually shake like a wet dog not so rough just enough to shake the water off, If mature dreads give it a pat with a towel don't rub or anything like that then i usually just sit with a fan on and they'll dry.

AquaGuy
@aquaguy
5 years ago
62 posts

Depending on how long your hair is, you can shake it a little bit and if that’s not enough you can gently pat it dry, 

i live on Northern England so know how annoying it is letting your hair air-dry. I was it in the mornings but it takes a few hours to air-dry and have to go to work with wet hair sometimes. 

I can’t wait for it to get warmer so it’ll dry quicker. 

--
Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.

Choose love over hate.

World peace is possible, give peace a chance.
Duskwood
@duskwood
5 years ago
45 posts

I've switched to patting my hair dry, then shaking it a bit, I'm not dripping water so that's good enough. I actually did this forever before this, but I thought maybe if I mess up my hair with the towel, it would speed up the progress :P But I think I lost my first 'super tangle' because of it so I'll stick with patting it dry and shaking, that seems better. Trial and error, eh?

I'm also looking forward to spring and summer! My hair is always much more vibrant looking then.

Dre
@dre
5 years ago
12 posts

Yea summer is great, Take a walk after a shower and let your hair dry

FemalePheromones
@femalepheromones
5 years ago
414 posts
I shake off like a dog and then just press the towel against my hair for a couple of seconds.

It's surprising how much that actually dries. Then just air dry.

Just make sure you don't tie your hair up or wear a hat or anything while it's still wet.

--
I'm on Twitter @FemalePheromone
and Instagram @FemalePheromones
Duskwood
@duskwood
5 years ago
45 posts

Totally :) I've had long hair for half my life now and I don't even remember how I used to dry my hair but I've patted it dry and let it air dry for the past 10 years or so now. It's only since I started letting my hair lock that I've considered changing it but I've been worried it also damages my hair unnecessarily so it's back to the old habits for me. I hate tying up my hair so that won't be a problem Laugh

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form