Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

How many dreads in this hairstyle?

tainted_crown
@tainted-crown
5 years ago
3 posts

So I am considering getting dreads in my hair and am wondering (approximately) how to section my hair to get a certain thickness of dread. I don't mind if it's perfect or not because let's face it, dreads are wild and free and that's one of the best things about them. But I don't want my dreads to be too thick either.

(ignore the white outline, it was an effect to try to see the individual dreads against the background)

Hellblade_ Senua's Sacrifice™_20190315161213.jpg

Hellblade_ Senua's Sacrifice™_20190315162727.jpg

Maybe it is silly but I am in LOVE with Senua's hair from the video game Hellblade and want to get something similar to it (my hair's too short right now, unfortunately). About how many dreads do I need to get the right thickness?

FemalePheromones
@femalepheromones
5 years ago
414 posts
A lot.

--
I'm on Twitter @FemalePheromone
and Instagram @FemalePheromones
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,640 posts

guesstimate  60-75  maybe 80

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,640 posts

oh and

dreads shouldn't be something you get but something you grow

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
FemalePheromones
@femalepheromones
5 years ago
414 posts
Those dreads weren't based on a model either they're completely CGI so you will never get them to look exactly liike that.

--
I'm on Twitter @FemalePheromone
and Instagram @FemalePheromones
tainted_crown
@tainted-crown
5 years ago
3 posts

☮ soaring eagle ॐ:

oh and

dreads shouldn't be something you get but something you grow

Okay, what I meant is, I want to grow them. And thank you for the help, I was guessing around 70.

tainted_crown
@tainted-crown
5 years ago
3 posts

FemalePheromones: Those dreads weren't based on a model either they're completely CGI so you will never get them to look exactly liike that.

That's true, I was assuming that was the case, as the character designs are not based on reality. Thank you.

LunaKat13
@lunakat13
5 years ago
54 posts

FemalePheromones: Those dreads weren't based on a model either they're completely CGI so you will never get them to look exactly liike that.

Right. Not to mention everyone’s dreads are unique to them and no 2 people’s hair dread the same.  

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form