dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

a sapling's greeting

Duskwood
@duskwood
5 years ago
45 posts

Hello!

I'm about to start my dreadlock journey and thought it would be a good idea to hang out here =)

I haven't washed my hair with any kind of shampoo in a long time, because I had a lot of issues with my scalp especially, now my scalp is quite fine. I've used some bars of natural soap (various kinds) to wash my hair with every now and then, recently tried conditioner for a while in a effort to make my hair look 'nicer' but it didn't work out. Now I'm ready to let my hair do it's thing. I've wanted dreadlocks for some years now but I guess I've always been too scared to try or something.

Stopped brushing my hair a few days ago (maybe 4 days ago) and there's already some tangles forming even though my hair appears naturally quite oily or sleek, I don't like my hair when I brush but now that I've left it alone for a little while I actually like it better. So I like to think dreadlocks won't be problematic for me, but I guess we'll find out! =D

I'm considering trying the 'twist and rip' method because I feel like giving it a 'boost' because I'm hoping it will speed up the process (even if it is just a few months). But I also like the idea of freeforming, letting my hair go it's own way.

I've been reading and watching a lot of videos on dreadlocks for the past 2 weeks or so, I have a lot of free time so it's been fun to fill up my days with a lot of new information.

Lemme know what you guys think and if you have any questions feel free to ask me anything and everything =)

Peace, love and gentle bear hugs!

updated by @duskwood: 05/18/19 11:20:32AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,639 posts

welcome but would highly recommend washing but with a igh quality all natural shampoo www.dreadlockshampoo.com is best, the liquid till mature then bar

twist and rip does not really speed it up by months really, only in the 1st few weeks does it seem that way

i would recommend freeform then if u want to if its slow tnr, but if u tnr then wish u freeformed u might start over

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Duskwood
@duskwood
5 years ago
45 posts

Thank you and thank you for this amazing website and forum =)

I like the idea of going with freeform, it will be quite the spiritual journey for me because I have struggled with my appearance for a very long time (still do, every day) and I want my hair to grow along with me. And like trees, I just wants to grow Laugh

I don't think I can afford the liquid dreadlock shampoo right now because I currently live in Europe and the shipping costs are quite high. Might be able to make something myself though, I'll look around for some ideas and recipes.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,639 posts

shippings flat rate so u can get 4 liquid or 6 bars per box for same shipping feee

that wsay many get 6 mots to a years supply at a time ad its more affrdable

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Duskwood
@duskwood
5 years ago
45 posts

I suppose it's worth it, I have only read good things about it! :) I'll just keep washing with green tea and rosemary until I have it, that works alright for my hair.

lopenator
@lopenator
5 years ago
75 posts
Welcome. Happy dreading!
Duskwood
@duskwood
5 years ago
45 posts

Thank you =) I'm already enjoying it!

FemalePheromones
@femalepheromones
5 years ago
414 posts
Hey, I live in Europe too but that shampoo is definitely worth getting. Yes it is expensive but after trying a few different ones my hair never progressed anywhere near as much as when using Vicky's Dreadlockshampoo.

The bottles are actually a lot bigger than they look and will last 2-3 months.

Take the plunge. You won't regret it.

--
I'm on Twitter @FemalePheromone
and Instagram @FemalePheromones
Duskwood
@duskwood
5 years ago
45 posts

Cool :) Whereabouts are you? I am planning to travel, but my boyfriend is applying for a job in Scotland so we're kind of waiting to see what happens. That's why the shampoo is a bit pricey for me right now, but I'm thinking of getting 3 or 4 bottles, that should be doable.

FemalePheromones
@femalepheromones
5 years ago
414 posts
I'm in England. Last time I bought 2 bottles but it was kind of lucky that I had enough spare cash then and there or I would have only been able to get one.

--
I'm on Twitter @FemalePheromone
and Instagram @FemalePheromones
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form