Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Question on this oil i'm thinking about buying and usage.

Dre
@dre
5 years ago
12 posts

I heard from a buddy of mine that swears by (African Pride olive growth formula) and i'm wondering from you guys if it'd be cool to put it in my hair, These are the ingredients (Glycine Soja Oil/Soybean Oil, Olea Europaea Fruit Oil/Olive Oil, Tritcum Vulgare Germ Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil/Jojoba Oil, Vitis Vinifera Seed Oil/Grape Seed Oil, Persea Gratissima Oil/Avocado Oil, Linum Usitassimum Seed Oil, Equisetum Hiemale Extract/Horsetail Extract, Silk Amino Acids, Hydrolyzed Triticum Vulgare Protein/Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Glycine Soja Protein/Hydrolyzed Soybean Protein, Hydrolyzed Oat Protein, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Cl47000/Yellow 11, Cl61565/Green 6, TBHQ, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, C12-C15 Alkyla Benzoate, Fragrance/Parfum, Benzyl Benzoate, D-Limonene, Lilial, Linalool).

And if it's cool to put in my hair how long are you supposed to leave oil in your hair? Will it go bad?

If it's not great for your hair can you mention something i can pickup locally without having to mix together a bunch of stuff that'll help with hair growth and not make my hair so dry

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,640 posts

horsetales the only thing i see that might help hair growth, but i was told to avoid it and use biotin instead ..i think it has a toxiity at higher levels..i cant remember

hair growth is best  addressed internally, taking  biotin.. 10,000-15,000 mcg a day ..but it takes a couple months to become effective

as for moisturizing.. jojoba, argon.either 1  is a great choice

so get yourselff some biotin and jojoba and you good

the ingredients of that look fine ill the last dozen

also olive is too thick and heavy

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dre
@dre
5 years ago
12 posts

Alright thanks for the help, So if i did use this on my hair it wouldn't leave residue or ruin my dreads? That's the main question

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,640 posts

your african ameican i guess how often are u washing with what

what water temp

the olive oils the 1 that is easily overused then hard to remove if you use too much

if you wash properly  u shouldn't need much..if any

so if u use it very lightly its probly fine

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dre
@dre
5 years ago
12 posts

On average about 3 times a week, I wash my hair with pretty cold water

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus