Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Just saw DreadheadHQ video on you tube - yikes!!!

MiDread
@midread
14 years ago
187 posts
O.K. - I just saw a DreadheadHQ video on youtube with this Johnny guy???? Being from a SUPER small town, In my 41 years I have only seen one maybe two people with dreads (so I don't have a lot to do comparisons with) - BUT - I did not like what I saw on this video. His dreads seemed stiff!!! Like they did NOT MOVE at all while he was talking! Please tell me that dreads are not like that normally, because if they are - I have changed my mind. I can't imagine sleeping with something that stiff on my head!!!! Is THAT what happens when you use wax??? From the majority of pictures I have seen on this site dreadlocks looked soft, but of course they are pictures, not video. What is up with that? Somebody set me straight please!!
updated by @midread: 05/27/20 12:53:54PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
yes thats from wax and i laughed about it toohe contradicts himself constantly and he cuts his dreads off every 3 years whichh is average lifespan of wax dreadshes a total scumbag

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
MiDread
@midread
14 years ago
187 posts
O.K. - so I am assuming that mine will not look like that at all when they tighten up because I am not using wax. I want them to be nice and soft, not stiff. It looked like he had a big dead "rigamortified" (is that a word?) octopus on his head!
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
yeah that is from wax. pretty sure he crochets/uses his "lock doctor" alot as well.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
haha was it te vid werre a graphic arrow pops up pointing at a dread glued to is face and says is tat a drewad stuck to my face..the only dread that moved at all was that 1 dread wen it came unstuckuse the bakin soda vinagar combio and tey will be super soft and cuddlyi love how soft my dreads are!!!!! MiDread said:
O.K. - so I am assuming that mine will not look like that at all when they tighten up because I am not using wax. I want them to be nice and soft, not stiff. It looked like he had a big dead "rigamortified" (is that a word?) octopus on his head!

--
MiDread
@midread
14 years ago
187 posts
Yeah! It was that video!! I was kind of repulsed and intrigued at the same time - Ha! Ha! I just know that I don't want something that stiff looking on my head and I am positive that my husband would just HATE that. He is not crazy about me trying for dreads anyway (but he loves me regardless) and I know that if I had some big huge stiff mess on my head that he would just have a stroke!!! LOL
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
1 member had waxy dreads and her bf kept complaining he couldnt sleep cause er stiff sticky waxy dreads kept poking im all nigtwax dreads are just gross

--
Andres
@andres
14 years ago
18 posts
Agree!! The look, the feeling and eventually the smell of waxy dreads is just disgusting. soaringeagle said:
1 member had waxy dreads and her bf kept complaining he couldnt sleep cause er stiff sticky waxy dreads kept poking im all nigt
wax dreads are just gross
MiDread
@midread
14 years ago
187 posts
EEEEEWWWWW...... SO glad I found this site before I fell into that lie!!!!!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
and u only saw wax dreades from the outsideu should see ow gross once cut open to reveal a core of wax caked in dirt

--
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form