Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Into and advice!

ShannonK
@shannonk
6 years ago
15 posts

Hello! My name is Shannon and im 9 days new to pet dreadlings! I only have 3 so far but have some concerns about 2 of them. They are my biggest ones. Not huge but probably 7mm-9mm . Ive noticed they are flattening out a little bit and almost seem weak? Like in the middle of the dreads i can pull it apart like it isnt knotted very well. Is this normal or am u doing something wrong? I was my hair about 3 times a week and i use dollylocks tightening spray once a day. I palm roll but im not sure it really does much. Im not sure when the locking process is supposed to start and maybe i am overthinking all of this and my dreadlings are doing what they are supposed to but im a worrier lol. Someone help! I can take criticism so if you think i need to do something different or stop doing something, tell me please! And happy thanksgiving! I have attached pics of my 3 dreads!

FemalePheromones
@femalepheromones
6 years ago
414 posts

First off welcome to the site!

Palm rolling literally does nothing. I'm not sure why people still seem to tell people to do it.

As for being able to pull them apart the best thing to do is to not pull them apart!

Try to leave them allone as much as they can, they will do their own thing.

--
I'm on Twitter @FemalePheromone
and Instagram @FemalePheromones
TashTash
@tashtash
6 years ago
76 posts
Hi @shannonk, what he said ^^^ and I think I know what you mean about being loose in the middle, mine have sectioned themselves and are knotting at the ends, so the middle is loose too, is that like what you mean? From what I’ve been told, it’s not how big the section is in the length, it’s how big it is at the root on your scalp that will determine the size of the dread, so that’s where you need to look if you’re worried about them being too big. I’m by no means an expert, but they look fine to me 😊
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

they are 9 days old, starter methods tend to loosen before tightening, typically 4 months in they mightbe at the loosest.

wat you id to start you never had to do it would have dreaded by itself you just defined the sections, thats all  the 'dread' you made might fall apart completely  and thats ok it will dread right back up

your doing fine just wait it out stop palm rolling..and what is it you wash with

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
ShannonK
@shannonk
6 years ago
15 posts
I use love beauty and planet for shampoo- my normal shampoo and i dont use conditioner. But thats new. I used to condition 2 3 times a week but im trying to get away from it completely. It isnt a dreadlock shampoo or anything but its free of sulfate and parabens which is what i need to hold the color in my hair.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

thats still conditioning and causes buildup i highly recommend switching to www.dreadlockshampoo.com (the are the best) or a suitable dread shampoo (ask hre 1st many are not worthwhile) if the dreadlockshampoo get the liquid till they are mature there will be no need for the extra tightening spray as the shampo does all that for you  switch to th bars when mature

--
ShannonK
@shannonk
6 years ago
15 posts
The only problem with those shampoos is the sea salt and thats gonna ruin my actual hair color that i get done. If i get more than the 3 dreads i have i would consider it . I just try to seperate them from my hair when washing so i guess essentially i could just wash them individually and continue my regular shampoo.
ShannonK
@shannonk
6 years ago
15 posts
I guess its the kaolin clay in their ingredients list im worried about. I messaged them to ask.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

what do you think the tightening spray is..its sea salt

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

the clay is what makes t clean so well and if you wash with the shampoo, the rest of your head will dread

i generally advise people  go back to their natural color before dreading..sure u ca dye them but  its risky (lightening hair is absolutely horible to do0 henna is really the only healthy way to color hair  unless you use all naural plant based dyes like beet juice

--
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form