dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Crochet method - Advise please :)

Jenjens
@jenjens
6 years ago
6 posts

Hi guys, 

I'm new to all this and at 43, old lol!! Anyway, I had human hair dreadlock extensions a few months ago and overall, I'm pretty pleased with them.  However, my question is, do I need to keep up with the maintenance?  My own hair was not dreadlocked before the extensions where crochet hooked into my own hair btw.  What is the worst scenario if I do nothing?

Thanks all Wink

updated by @jenjens: 01/22/20 09:33:16AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

crochet absolutely destroys dreads  stop the crochet its horible for drads..its drad abuse

alzso most people hate extensions and chop them off

crocht will make them dread way slower and be extremely stiff and damaged, recovery from crochet causes way more frizzz from all the broken hairs

the worse thing that will happen is thy will not be more and mor e dammaged from the so called maintenance

by all means neer crochet again

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

dreads extend themeselvs

mine started at 4 inches (just from going camping) now thy are 10 feet

--
Jenjens
@jenjens
6 years ago
6 posts

Thanks @soaring-eagle :)

So, am I right in thinking that if I just leave them alone, they will still dread? :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

sure will

in fact if all you did was stopped combing they would have dreaded  but if the crochets tight they will dread very slowly thats why light conditioning to loosen them up is recommeded

however.. extensions are not  recommended on young dreads that are not mature enough to support them. if they are loose enough to dread the extensions might not stay on long

--
Jenjens
@jenjens
6 years ago
6 posts

That's awesome! Thank you so much for your help. I'll continue to let them 'run free' and see what happens :) Thanks again :)  Btw, what shampoo do you recommend?

lopenator
@lopenator
6 years ago
75 posts
Www.dreadlockshampoo.com

Use the liquid for dreads under 1 year.

Use the bar for mature dreads.
Jenjens
@jenjens
6 years ago
6 posts

Awesome, thank you @lopenator

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

yup those are the absolute best there is

--
Jenjens
@jenjens
6 years ago
6 posts

Gutted, you guys are in the US, I am in the UK and that means shipping is expensive :(

Do you have any other suggestions in terms of shampoo? :)

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form