Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Lifestyle changes.

Spider Feet
@spider-feet
15 years ago
458 posts
I've always enjoyed watching how people realize more about themselves and change when they learn to go by what they think and feel instead of what they were taught to feel. The last place I lived I had 4 other room mates at once. When you get 5 intelligent people with really different points of views on subjects the conversations can be really enriching. One of them went from being atheist to having more satanist beliefs, 2 were christian republicans one of which became an atheist the other went from being a southern baptist and suicidal because she was a lesbian to being an agnostic and an outright pervert to the point of being the lesbian Glen Quagmire XD. And the last, a black anarchist that had a good job but was really just labor to being a conservative libertarian that became the vocalist for a local metal band.
updated by @spider-feet: 02/14/15 04:45:03AM
MountainWillow
@mountainwillow
15 years ago
141 posts
LOL.. thats quite an example, the journeys that can begin started the pliability of the minds of people as they discover who they are. Lifes a dance, and each journey we take teaches us something. Some journeys are short lived and others become a permanent dread in the strings of a persons life.
Alden
@alden
15 years ago
303 posts
I have a very dear friend who has been in jail a few times over that last few years (for breaking his probation on a possession charge) and on his last stint in, which was for 30 days, he went in not believing in any higher power and came out with all the annoying gusto of a televangelist!!! It's starting to ware off as he is slowly beginning to realize that no matter how loudly, repetitively, or emotionally pushes the subject, none of us (his friends) are looking to change our beliefs. Not that we discourage him, or not listen to him, we're just set in our ways.
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
15 years ago
458 posts
lol, Yeah, some people just cant help but believe that others need to be saved. I have no problem against any persons religion but if they want to preach about theirs to me, then I'm more than willing to preach mine also. =D
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
try being in a wheelchair, every christian freak wants to pray and make ya walk again, even to the point of literaly trying to drag ya out of your chair, it doesnmt matter that it never works they still insist on trying ..i was on a bus with a group of weirdo christians commin back from arkansas..the bus broke down they all gathered around the engine to pray, totaly convinced prayer would fix it, after 5 minutes of prayer they tell the driver to start it, he cranks it over for like 5 seconds at which time the leader ofg the prayer says "forget it we better call a tow truck"..giving up on his faith so easilythey are trained to go through the motoions and how to axct like they believe but i think most really dont believe in what they claim to believe in

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Kath
@kath
15 years ago
73 posts
OMG :o how do you react when they start praying for you and asking you to try to get up and walk? That is quite disturbing.
Matthew Breen
@matthew-breen
15 years ago
17 posts
lolme and my best friend are like harcore atheist and anti-theist meaning we don't believe in god and we are against religion,and the best part is we make everyone around us atheist too lol, we are very influencial people at our school and i think its because everyone is so used to conforming and doing what everyone else does in this hick town that when they see individuality they are attracted to it. all this is thanks to a teacher of mine names mr.birt, he was an english teacher. has anyone ever seen the movie "Dead Poets Society" well he is like the english teacher there, hes so amazing. he taught me about conformity etc and i was one of the few to pick up on it and i became myself and its cool because when you are yourself you make friends that are themselves and then you have "real" friends. its like impossible to know how the friends you have are not real friends until you actually move away from them like my old ones.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
if im really in a fun mood i'll just go along with it then fall outta my chair (from taking karate and climbing mountains and well crasjhing into guardrails going too fast so my fingers were smoking im very good at flippin outta my chair..lol) either that or i do something like what i do when jehovas witneses knock on my door askimng "can we come in to talk about god" i reply sure if i can talk about (fill in the blank, anything from witchcraft to canabilism, whatever gets em to not ring your door again)funny story when i was flying glidsers 1 of the other pilots was a double amputee, we wrre hangin oit when someone came along say9ing jesus will make you walk again, he went alomng with it even faking convosions like he was wracked in spiritual bliss then when the guy says get up and walk, he pushes up with his hands so the false legs disconnected and fell off taking his pants with them, then he started screamming like he was in paion screamming oh god jesus made me worse...i fell opver laughing histericly

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
15 years ago
458 posts
Like you I learned early on that christianity was pretty harmful for my mental, emotional and spiritual wellbeing.. Over the years I've been through a lot of changes in what I believe and I know that I probably will go through a lot more. My belief in god is fairly dynamic, sometimes it's hard for me to believe in a god, sometimes it's hard not to so I choose to put my faith in a more realistic deity...myself.
Alden
@alden
15 years ago
303 posts
OMG I'D PAY SOOOOOO MUCH MONEY TO SEE SOMETHING LIKE THAT HAPPEN!!!!!I've an uncle who had his right leg amputated from the just below the knee, and he owns an apartment complex on the back of his huge lot of property and he's a cantankerous old bastard!!! So when kids are out and about in his complex (being loud at night or just disruptive in anyway) he has a habit of getting soo angry that he'll remove his very expensive prosthetic and throwing it at said hoodlums.Well he got pissed at some group of young teens, took his leg off and chucked it at them, so they grabbed it up and ran!!! He had tried hopping back to his house (bout 4acres away) and couldn't manage to stay upright, lol, so he just rolled up to the back door!!!
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form