server fix and upgrade begins today

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

we had a ton f server issues recently

part was a backup issue that used 100%  of the drive

but also the server was built ass backwards

the stuff that should be on an expensive super fast drive was on a cheap very slow drive

tyhe stuff that should be on a cheap but huge slow drive was on the expensive fast drive

we are getting a properly configured server now with same stats but even more extra drive space and same price (2 dollars lower) however it will be in europe not america

the data access time from the 100 times faster drive however should more then make up for the small transmission time change

at the final stage of migration  this site will go into maintenance mode possibly 3 days (much less for 99%  of you)  when your dns updates to the new ip you'll be on the new server which will not be in maintenance mode

this just prevents you from posting and having it lost

all issues will be fixed and the speed should be much improved

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

server data is being transfered the next few days

this will cause high loads on the server and it might be a tad slow

but no more horific issues like we had the last 2 months once complete... and way way faster data access from disk so site load times should be alot faster as well

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

if you see this your on the new server

its way faster and still need to do the tuning and  optimizing

new servers located in Europe however .. good for the global audience even though at least 75% of members and users are from america

the data transfer from disk being sooooo much faster (also making database soooo much faster) should make ay minimal differences in transfer times negligible. 

we will also have no more of those issues we've had since just about when I left for my trip.. you know the site going down all the time

unfortunately, my paypal automaticly paid for the old server too.. putting my account into the negative (again) next month won't have to pay a cent, but, right now...could use donations since I had to double pay this month

(144 is what the servers cost per month .. what i'm  negative 65 (today could be 140 tomorow)

I have a number of automatic payments (all site related or server related) so a 8 dollar domain renewal if it comes out tomorow would put me 43 more in the hole.. 

so...yea could use any donations possible to prevent that

ya know I never ask otherwise

you also know I don't mind spending my money to help spread the truth...  except when its money I no longer have

anyways enjoy the vastly  faster server

(oh dammit I just remembered I also need 38 to get the damn chat fixed and upgraded) I will get to that soon as i'm out of the hole...

additionally.

soon.. will be upgrading the shops, and the site design as a whole. 

your input on the redesign  is welcomed

mostly want to keep it somewhat the same but have to convert it to a new structure during the shops upgrade so might as well tweak it in the process

that will get done this month while recovering from a broken leg

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

having some issues with images

will have it sorted out soon

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ