Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Crocheted in Bangkok

Danny
@danny
14 years ago
9 posts
I'm pretty pissed off.. I did do a LOT of research online before getting this done and found nothing negative about crocheting or waxing, but it wasnt until after i got the crocheting done in Bangkok that i discovered this site...

I got them done about 3 weeks ago they looked ok, but pretty tight, went to an island and did a whole lot of scuba diving, letting them dryout completely in the sun each time. By the end of that they had started looking really frizzy, and i decided to get them tightened by the bangkok people again just before flying home. But a different person did it, and did them super tight, it hurt like hell and i could hear a whole lot of hair ripping.. Now i've discovered this site and am just plain pissed off that i got them done that way at all.

They're looking pretty fuzzy now, I did one baking soda wash, and have now purchased dr. bronners soap but yet to use it.

i fail to see how the fuzzy hair is going to go getting into the existing dreads.no palm rolling? nothing? it seems like they're just gonna get fuzzier and fuzzier...

updated by @danny: 01/13/15 08:31:40PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
in time they will recover somewat te tekmptation will be tere to retigten but if iu do your locked into a retigtening foir life cycle.. you already did it twice in 2 weeksyou maybe fuzzy awile but it will get better as tey tigten naturalky but fuzz never goes away comoletely so acceopt it..but..it wont be as bvad as it is now in a mont or so

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
IllumiKnotty
@illumiknotty
14 years ago
212 posts
hey + welcome + sorry bout the dreads
Vinny
@vinny
14 years ago
82 posts
You hair doesn't look abnormaly frizzy from your pics bro, at least not for a baby dreads. Baby dreads are naturally frizzy, and alot of that frizziness will disappear over time. It definitely sounds like your hair was damaged big time with that crochet needle, it may come back to haunt you (in the form of more frizzles than normal) but if you stop now you'll be okay in the long run. You're gonna be tempted to do things, that you shouldn't, with the intention of controlling and "maintaining" your dreads. However nearly all of those things make no impact and/or are counter productive to your end goal.They'll get fuzzier probably, but then they'll tighten up. and they'll shrink, then they'll grow. and they'll zigzag, then they'll straiten up. and they'll loop, and then those loops will get sucked in. Just kick back and enjoy the process, because no matter what you do or how hard you try you're still gonna have to go through it. You've got nothing to worry about sir, and in a years time you'll feel silly that you worried at all
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
yea like has been said from ere on out just embrace the natureal dreading process..leave em be to dread on their owntime will only make em get better

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form