Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dreads update, 6 months

6 years ago
64 posts

So I'm at about 6 and a half months now.  I haven't been uploading pictures because of work. I work 12 hour days  7 days a week over summer break from school. Unfortunately wearing a hat in 100+ degree weather isn't helping my hair. But I need advice, six months in and nothing past the front of my crown and ears is dreading at all. Also, is it even possible to get 50+ dreads with freeform? I don't know if that's possible with my hair type (see my pictures for reference). Any and all advice is welcome. Again sorry for the inactivity but I'll be uploading a huge dump of pictures that I take weekly to track my progress, despite the past 2 months looking almost identical for all the pictures I took.

updated by @alter: 08/08/18 12:39:56AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,639 posts

I think I had over 75 the 1st time I counted..but thats semi freeform as I did separate

if you don't separate you might get 1 3 6 16 60 or 160 (less likely) wearing the hats not helping for sure but your only 6 months in you are delaying it the back you sleep on dreads faster..your doing fine as can be expected due to the hat

the only thing you can do that might matter is try sleeping on your belly..if you can.. I can't

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
6 years ago
64 posts

i'm really afraid of separating and just completely undoing all progress, t hat's what happened with one of my locks, the little ball of hair at the end just ripped out and I was very upset.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,639 posts

only separate when they actualy need it

--
6 years ago
64 posts

It feels like they always need it, especially at the roots, I don't know what is what in there. Also I don't really  know how to gauge the size or if I'm just going to end up tearing them. I have a crappy phone right now, but by the end of the summer, i should have a better phone with a better camera to take better pictures and get some feedback from the community here.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,639 posts

why don't people have plain old cameras anymore? I have a p900 now and I hope to get a p1000 when I can afford to. the p1000 pan probably photograph the footprints on the moon

separate as often as you need to some have to several times a day others monthly

if the roots are merging separate

but if they aren't yet knotting up anywhere but the roots (very rare) only separate if they are too big

judge size by say a quarter.. if the section at the scalps much bigger then a quarter you might want to separate into smaller dreads..slightly biggers ok but not by much at all

--
6 years ago
64 posts

What if my hair is thing and only seems to be very few hairs in the section that can even dread? That's why I've been letting them get big. I fear that with my bangs and sides of my hair, they aren't dreading at all.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,639 posts

around the hairline will be the last to dread its finer thinner and often will always have loose hairs there  sometimes dreads start as itty bitty things then gather more hair and thicken a ton

--
6 years ago
64 posts

i wouldn't mind if it was just the hairline, but anything from my crown to my bangs is not dreading or doing anything at all. Its really discouraging.

Also, whats the best way to get an accurate judgement on the size of my sections, when my hair is dry, I just cant tell, it's too messy at the root and sections cross and such, if I try to split, i just might break the whole strand of hair off my head or undo all the progress ive made by ripping out the knots.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,639 posts

anthing towards the front dreads slower if you sleep  on your back

but are ou sure u dont push them back ith your hands a lot/

--
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus