Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

getting new dreads with old dreads

dreadlocksss
@dreadlocksss
6 years ago
3 posts

Hi, my dreads are about 2 weeks old and i have a high fade and then my dreads on top. but my question is if i want to get more dreads like on the sides after a year or a few months can i make new?. or is it a bad idea when i have my old dreads?.. 

updated by @dreadlocksss: 01/22/20 09:33:16AM
dread_stpauli
@dread-stpauli
6 years ago
156 posts

what do you mean exactly by "make new"? If your hair on the sides is long enough, it will dread by its own, how did you do your old ones? Natural locks need no special treatment, just washing and separation, that's all.

dreadlocksss
@dreadlocksss
6 years ago
3 posts
i made them with the rip and twist method. and what i mean with making new dreads is, if i want to make new dreads on my sides for example is that a good idea when having old dreads. because i have heard from a few people that you should not make new dreads when you have old dreads for whatever reason.
FemalePheromones
@femalepheromones
6 years ago
414 posts

I can only speak for myself but I personally have no idea what you're talking about.

--
I'm on Twitter @FemalePheromone
and Instagram @FemalePheromones
dread_stpauli
@dread-stpauli
6 years ago
156 posts

dreadlocksss: i made them with the rip and twist method. and what i mean with making new dreads is, if i want to make new dreads on my sides for example is that a good idea when having old dreads. because i have heard from a few people that you should not make new dreads when you have old dreads for whatever reason.

It seems to me that you should not listen to those people for any tips about dreads. New dreads form underneath old dreads anyway, that is a total normal process which nature does when you don't comb your hair, so why would it be any bad to let your sides dread, when long enough? They might look different in the beginning, while young, but when they mature, they will look the some like your old ones.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

you don't need to "make dreads' at all as the sides grow in new dreads will form all on their own.  it just needs to get long enough then it will happen all by itself

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form