Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Using oil

Hilliford
@hilliford
6 years ago
7 posts

I just saw a guy with really really mature looking dreads. Really nice and I asked him how long he's had them and he said one year  His dreads looked way to mature for one year way more mature than than mine and I'm 2 years almost . Well his girlfriend was with him and she said they use oil  She also said I have too much "hang time"  and oil will fix that. I never use oil  I just wash and go  I separate to prevent Congo that's about it  Opinions  Thoughts  ? 

updated by @hilliford: 06/29/18 05:12:59PM
dread_stpauli
@dread-stpauli
6 years ago
156 posts
Natural oils are good , no doubt about that. They help fixing issues like dry scalp , itching , or give dry hair a bit of moisture. I doubt that oils help speedig up the process. I thing seasalt is way better for that reason.
dee123
@dee123
6 years ago
5 posts
Hey good afternoon I have a quick question I have just started my freeform after 4 years of maintenance the question is when new growth forms do it supposed to be lock at the tip not the root but it scares me because it looking like it will pop at the tip any suggestions please lol
dread_stpauli
@dread-stpauli
6 years ago
156 posts
Totally normal for freeform , some lock at the roots first , some start at the tips. It does'nt really matter where the knots start. It will be fine !
dee123
@dee123
6 years ago
5 posts
Oh because its really thin at the roots of the new growth
dread_stpauli
@dread-stpauli
6 years ago
156 posts
dee123:
Oh because its really thin at the roots of the new growth
What kind of maintainance did you do the last years ? Did you crochet the new growth ? If it is very thin , could you let it combine with a thicker lock near by ?
dee123
@dee123
6 years ago
5 posts
dee123:
I'm not sure but it looks like some of them were crochet like the ones in the front smh I'm trying to get my front thicker and fuller with the neglect if that's possible and yes I could combine them this is my 3 month of going neglect I'm never getting it maintenance again:)
dee123
@dee123
6 years ago
5 posts

I'm doing good research on different kinds of oils as well and I been on the oil treatment for about two months i see the process I just wish I never went to a salon after the first time

updated by @dee123: 06/29/18 05:18:55PM
dread_stpauli
@dread-stpauli
6 years ago
156 posts
Yes , don't ever go back to a salon again to get them maintained. Just leave em they will recover from the treatment and get thicker over time. The most locks start small and get thicker over tine.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

essential oils are not oily and you use only drops these treat medical conditions  other oils are for dry scalp and hair

I would bet they were salon dreads or crocheted and were less mature in reality. hang times good I am betting that she used a thick oil maybe even wax that held the hairs in place faking maturity. otherwise I cant guess what she meant b hang time and oil fixing it

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form