Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hello!

Scarlexy
@alexandreabivens
6 years ago
3 posts

Hi! I'm Lexy, I live in the middle of no where, aka Nebraska. No, not the 2 towns you've heard of lol.

I started my journey a year ago in August. (8/6-8/11) 

Right now, I hate my dreads, but THEY STARTED IT! ! 

(My regrowth won't lock. You name it, I've probably tried it.  FYI knotty boy powder causes chemical burns. (Luckily I found Dollylocks... Well whenever they had that hurricane last year..  So maybe a month into having locs. 

Kmy hair is crazy dense, but it's thin/fine hair that has the same color texture of limp or frizzy. TY kids for that!  

IF my phone is playing nice, then my profile pic is today :-) Freshly washed yesterday (my hair is dry so I can go 3-4 weeks. I also have agoraphobia, so basically, they usually get washed if I'm 

goig to be needing to leave my house soon).

Ihmmmmmm.. ... I hold down the couch, so it doesn't float away. That's my job (I'm disabled)

I've 2 kids, that live in Atlanta, because our schools are horrible. They're +ome for summer right now... 

I live with my husband, who is who finally talked me into dreads, and a greyhound (fmr breeder, not racer, rescued a year ago), a Corillon (a half sized corgi disguised as a Papillion. He's new, adopted him 5 weeks ago. And also a Pom-Chi who thinks she's a mongoose. And 3 sugar gliders.

And a LOT of video games. 

Piece of advice, put a dread tube on BEFORE putting a Rift on!

I'm a big dork/geek. I cosplay (have yet to attempt the wig... I do Bob Ross, adding a Druid from a series of books this year, since she is a Druid and awesome. And Its hard to find cosplay WITH dreads, that are white, and not in spandex. No one wants to see that. Trust me.

I babble a lot FYI

And I can't really see what I'm typing, so I'm sorry for the errors!!

~Lex

dread_stpauli
@dread-stpauli
6 years ago
156 posts

Hi Lexy, welcome on here! Glad that you have found this site, we all care for healthy dreads! You should wash way more often, we recommend to wash at least once a week with a dreadlock friendly shampoo, because only clean hair is gonna lock proper! The best dreadlock shampoo on the planet you can buy via the link on top at dreadlocksshampoo.com. Feel free to ask every question on your mind and maybe read the dreaducation section on this page with almost every information for healthy locks.

Bunn
@harleyjunkin
6 years ago
47 posts

Yay! Hello and welcome to the community! I would suggest buying from the dreadlocksshampoo.com as well :) I am currently waiting for my money to come in, before I will be purchasing the Goddess scent. It apparently smells amazing, and does wonders to the hair in a loccing sense :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

welcome yes wash wash wash the more you wash the faster they lock

locking powders are scams they are just dirt..kinda literaly just dirt sprinkle dirt in your hair and the grit makes them feel ay more kotty,, wash it out and no more knottiness they are a total ripoff and any site selling them needs boycotting

the dreadlockshampoo.com liquids formulated to make hair dread fast..normally youd be near ready to switch to the bars  but you made a lot of mistakes that really delayed progress

so start by washig often with the liquid, every 3-7 days

when they settle down and stop being so wild and have way less frizz then switch to the bars

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form