Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Does getting your hair wet everyday slow down neglect dreadlocks?

AquaGuy
@aquaguy
6 years ago
62 posts

I’ve been neglecting my hair for 3 weeks now and I’m that time, every single day I wash my hair (only washing it with shampoo/baking soda 2-3 times a week) because I shower every morning and let it air dry.

Thanks. Peace.

--
Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.

Choose love over hate.

World peace is possible, give peace a chance.
FemalePheromones
@femalepheromones
6 years ago
414 posts
I was rinsing 3 times a week and only washing at weekends but rinsing my hair in the shower 2 times in the week (tie my hair up in the shower all the other days so it stays dry).

A few weeks ago I stopped using shampoo altogether and only rinse in the shower 3 times a week.

For this week I rinsed on saturday and have decided to keep it dry all week to see how much of a difference it makes. So at the moment my hair has been dry for 5 days and it feels fine.

This was just an experiment though really. I haven't noticed any difference if I rinse in the week or not so I'll probably go back to also rinsing in the week as I like having my hair down in the shower.

--
I'm on Twitter @FemalePheromone
and Instagram @FemalePheromones
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

rinsing helps yes but don't use the baking soda  we no longer recommend that..it severely weekend hair its very harsh

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jony666
@jony666
6 years ago
25 posts

I think a daily rinse actually helps them lock up faster for many people, I have a feeling that getting them wet (rinsing) and getting them dry really fast with sun drying really helps them lock up. My hair is so smooth that no matter what I do the dreads are always frizzy, it will take a really long time for all the frizzy hairs sticking out of my dreads to break and fall off, specially due to the fact that I keep my hair really healthy with daily rinsing and moisturizing. I have 45 dreads on my head and I did 2 tests on 2 of them, on one I put dread wax, it didn't help at all with the frizzy hairs and that dread soaks up a shitload of water and takes longer to dry after rinsing. On another dread I tried burning all the frizzyness with a lighter, after 1 week it became frizzy again. So I just have to live with frizzy dreads for now :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

@jony666  1st off you need wax b gone now to get that wax out

2nd your in crochet recovery tose are all broken hairs from the crochet.. crocheted dreads can have  10 times the frizz during recovery..

but regardless.. you should always just ignore the frizz or you start obsessing over it and making mistakes like wax and lighting your head on fire

just be glad you didn't light the waxed ones on fire.. hair when lit will flare and quickly go out, not burning hot enough to sustain fire. only when products are used is a micheal Jackson or Richard prior type  incident can happen. when the whole head goes up in flames.. 

wax acts like a fuel, the hair itself barely burns but  melts the wax which the gas released burns. heres the thing about wax, once its hot enough to boil, no wick  is needed any longer  and it just burns and boils and burns .. but if you tr putting it out with water.. flaming fireballs will hit the ceiling  and splatter in all directions.

a dread with wax in it  won't flare and extinguish, it will burn, and burn  and be hard to extinguish. 

though dread fires are an extremely minimal risk of wax, dread rot  an d them never being able to dread right are much higher isks

the wax has to be removed and it will not wash out even with a decade of washing even with boiling them

wax b gone wil get it out though

--
Jony666
@jony666
6 years ago
25 posts

haha you are funny dude, it's ok it's just one of the dreads I tested on. No need to do any de-waxing.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

trust us.. there is read up on wax on here there a whole hell of a lot of evidence including 1  of the biggest wax pushers facing hundreds of his victims. then coming back to us asking us how o solve the problem he caused for a decade. wax is really evil stuff it is dread death only 1% of waxed dreads lasted beyond 3-4 years 95% were chopped in the 1st year  about 5 years ago literally 1/2 the people that joined lost 1-6 sets of dreads due to wax.. now its getting closer to 1 in 200 or 300 that made the wax mistake

read up on it here i would guess 5 years back more then 1/2 the posts involved problems with wax

in fact all the problems caused by crochet  ae epidemic simply because  everyone knows to avoid wax but they for some reason think crochets a better alternative (prior to wax b one that might have been true but now that wax can be removed without cutting the dreads crochets far worse)

our 1st post when we were just figuring out how to remove wax  (ineffectively at 1st) had millions of hits that 1st year

it was so bad at 1st we had people volunteering to go around the country collecting chopped off waxed dreads  for the purpose of dumping them in front of dreadheadhq and knottyboy .. enough to bury the buildings

people were so pissed about their dreads being ruined they wanted to make a huge protest

the debate we held on here .. was watched and discussed in real time on 5 or 6 of the other mostly honest sites 

it was such a big problem that people were organizing to defeat it

thankfully wax has been nearly stomped out of existence. even the most unethical locticians warn not to use it

in fact

1 girl, a locticians inuk warned her to never use wax.. and proceeded to pour liquid latex..black liquid latex (yes rubber) over her blond hair twist it into sticky clumps and call that deads

the people on this site will never steer you wrong  cause we have  the most experience as we dreaded together as a community. learning from eachother whats best...and..especially whats worse.

we have seen horrrors from wax like babafats who his hair kinda melted  came out in hadfuls like he had cancer..just from wax.. another woman (salns did everything wrong you can do wrong including burning and cutting off loops) she had 10,000 dollars in medical bills.. all due to infections caused by wax

whats worse a kid on fb.. had maggots eating a pussy scalp cause of wax..  people have needed surgeries because of it 

granted a ll on 1 wont cause you to need surgery but that dread wont dread it will harden trapping dirt and water and it will start to rot from the inside

be glad you only made the mistake on 1 or 2.. but save those 2 and get the wax out

i don't think you will find any active members today that used it so you'll have to dig back into the past and see for yourself

--
CareBear1987
@carebear1987
6 years ago
5 posts

Hah hah !! That phrase ''pussy scalp'' .. its hilarious.. I made the mistake of using LETS DREAD natural beeswax and I think I eventually cut my hair.. I didnt have any dreads but was clueless on which method I should use and now I'm fixated on natural free form .. don't touch up and just separate on occasion.. lmao pussy scalp !

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

puss y haha yea his sca;lp was covered in puss from the wax

I didn't realize what I wrote

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form