Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Fight with traction alopecia. I need a help.

Wezyr666
@wezyr666
6 years ago
17 posts

Hello, i am one of this person who building my dreads with crohed method. Now i have something like this on my head. 

I want to save my hair, but i know that only hope is transplant. Please help me if you can. 

PS. My English can  be bad cause im from Poland. Thank you, and best regards. 

updated by @wezyr666: 05/21/18 08:03:13AM
FemalePheromones
@femalepheromones
6 years ago
414 posts

How long ago were they crocheted?

If it was recently then once the roots grow out it won't actually be as bad.

--
I'm on Twitter @FemalePheromone
and Instagram @FemalePheromones
Wezyr666
@wezyr666
6 years ago
17 posts
Last time they was Croched 5 month ago, and i stop it. I have dreads about 6 years made by crochet, and roots was regular crocheted every 3-4 month. I also prefer tight ponytail.
FemalePheromones
@femalepheromones
6 years ago
414 posts
Ah being crocheted regularly along with a tight ponytail probably mean you're beyond saving but to be honest I don't actually know.

Someone else on here may be able to help you more.

--
I'm on Twitter @FemalePheromone
and Instagram @FemalePheromones
Wezyr666
@wezyr666
6 years ago
17 posts
Ok, so i want for someone else, but thank you for it
dread_stpauli
@dread-stpauli
6 years ago
156 posts

good that you have stopped crocheting! Your hair needs to grow out at the roots. The longer and looser your hair get at the roots the less the sections will be seen. Let your hair grow and maybe wear it mostly open all the time? Pulling a ponytair very tight could also break hair and can also cause traction alopecia. Maybe wear a tam or something like that if you don't want to wear them down, but at least stop pulling them tight.

Recovery from crochet takes very long but i guess it's never too late doing it! Best wishes!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

ok you do not need a transplant

you should most likely have a full recovery (but cannot guarantee that however i feel you are in the best place possible to get help) 

1 stop the pony tails

2 massage the scalp  deeply every day for several minutes   get in there deep like you are trying to loosen the scalp from the skull (in fact afterwards it should feel looser)

wash your hair 2-3 times a week with a dread shampoo

your situations bad, but, we have seen far worse recover

it will take time, but should hopefully have a full recovery

i'll have our best expert advise as well

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Wezyr666
@wezyr666
6 years ago
17 posts
Ok if you think, that is some hope to reverse this process, i will try to do this. I definitely stop crocheting and i try only wear ponytail in work, but is not tight ponytail.

Maybe you know any products or cosmetic or some curation conected watch special diet which can help in this case?

Thanks for support
Wezyr666
@wezyr666
6 years ago
17 posts
If you critic ponytail So hard i will figured out something
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

taking biotin daily can help but takes awhile to see results

Panterra is our goddess of haircare our guru of scalp salvation 

I let her know to weigh in on this and help ya out

your from Poland soaring (flying and racing gliders) is a much bigger sport over there i hear

one of our members on www.freedomswings.org is from Poland and holds 2 state records now (he started soaring over there before moving here)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
 / 4

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form