Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hello everyone

Miracles
@eatchicken
6 years ago
2 posts

Hello everyone, this community seems really nice ive been looking through the fourm for a month now i decided to finally sign up.

I never intended to grow dreadlocks, I have really curly hair and always comb it but in the back it would get so tangled id just give up at the ends. I started to form a dreadlock on the left side of my hair in the back towards the end of my hair since it would always be so tangled. I ended up combing it out but another started forming on the right side a month later and i decided this time i wanted to keep it, But i do not want my head all dreads i just want this 1 dreadlock.

I just let it go for a few months and it took shape of a boot almost at the end i did not like this so i decided to cut it and make it blunt at the end. The dread however never made much progress dreading up the hair towards the scalp, Its only dreaded about 2 1/2 inches up from the bottom so i decided to put a rubberbands to hold it together. This was most likely a mistake i realize now, I ended up cutting 2 of 3 rubber bands off but kept the one near the root, When i remove this one the hair instantly comes untangled all the way to where the hair is dreaded.

I was looking for advice on a few things, If i just leave it alone will it eventually dread to the scalp and somewhat even out or will i have a skinny at the top then fat dread at the bottom? 

If i have just 1 dreadlock thats inside of long curly hair, Will i have to worry about it getting too big? I dont want a giant dreadlock hanging out the side of my head lol

Should i remove the rubber band near the scalp?  I've removed the original rubber band up there for 3 weeks and the hair showed no signs of wanted to gather toghter at all without combing it.

My dread is really curly since the circumstance, Should i worry about that at all?

Thank you for reading this post, Any tips or advice is greatly appreciated. 

dread1.jpg
dread1.jpg  •  160KB

dread2.jpg
dread2.jpg  •  179KB

dread3.jpg
dread3.jpg  •  187KB

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

yes take out the band! they can cause a dozen serious issues in under a week! they should never be used

yes it will dread to 1/2 an inch frm the scalp..but takes time

you should never have cut it it would have been just fine

just leave bands off separate so the rest f your hairs not sucked into it

or

let it all dread

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Miracles
@eatchicken
6 years ago
2 posts

Thank you for the quick response, just snipped out the last rubber band. What ive been doing is just putting my hand over the dread near the scalp and combing the rest of my hair leaving the dread itself alone, Another thing i use Tresemme shampoo and conditioner on my hair, If i purchase some dread shampoo from the website should i continue using the Tresemme on the rest of my hair or the dread shampoo on all of my hair?

I can't fully commit to a full head of dreads in my work place, I know its against the law to discriminate against a person or hairstyle, My work will fire me for any other reason besides my hair, but it will most likely be for my hair. Its quite sad lol

updated by @eatchicken: 04/03/18 11:46:32PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

they could be sued very healily, fined, and possibly even face charges if they did

and trust me..any job at all will accept the dreads

tresseme will prevent it from dreading and cause buildup

the liquid will make your whole head dread ..just that easy the bars are better if you don't want iit all to dread fast

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

whats your job..i guarantee we have members doing the exact same job who have never had any issues

nasa and cern to classical harpists with philharmonic orchastras, doctors teachers  and ofcourse the proverbial candlestick makers (who else was in that tub? rub a dub dub 3 men in a tub a butcher a baker and candlestick maker/ thats it) yep  we got dreadies here doing every job you can do

1...and only 1 was fired

scroll down through the new posts you'll find it,  they are in a world of trouble with the courts now

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form