Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

itchy scalp and dandruff

bhayo
@bhayo
6 years ago
7 posts
what can I do about itchy scalp and heavy dandruff? I wash my dreads now in the winter once in two weeks and before once a week, I'm using natural shampoo from aloe and some other herbs but its don't really working.
any ideas?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,639 posts

wash more often, stop using hot water

the www.dreadlockshampoo.com teatree rosemary is amazing for dandruff (bars for mature or African hair type dreads, liquid for Caucasian and others  if the dreads are young)

hot water probably causes most dry scalp conditions

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
bhayo
@bhayo
6 years ago
7 posts
thanks man, I will try this shampoo, I do really wash my hair with hot water always so I will stop from now, hope those together make my scalp healthier.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,639 posts

im sure it will my scalp was a mess before i started doing both. its made a huge difference.

--
dread_stpauli
@dread-stpauli
6 years ago
156 posts

cold rinses are very good for the scalp. After shampooing i rinse with cold water, it closes the pores and your hair gets less oily.

No problems with itching or dandruff at all after changing my washing routine. In winter i wash once a week, in summer twice.

XxLucidxX
@xxlucidxx
6 years ago
5 posts

I would grab the rosemary + teatree shampoo off that website like SE said and like dreadstpauli said use cold water at the end of your wash and when your using the shampoo dig your nails into your scalp to get rid of all the dead skin and dirt 

updated by @xxlucidxx: 02/14/18 01:59:26PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,639 posts

in summer i use cold for whole wash in winter i use 'not too cold' for wash and cold rinse.

its not exactly warm  nor cold either..typically 2-4 degrees above or below the room temp

shivering in the showers not good so i keep it  just warm enough to not be too cold 

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form