Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Would dreadlocks be a good idea?If so what style would be most appropriate?

charly123
@charly123
6 years ago
2 posts

So I've not had a haircut in months, and wanna give dreads a shot.

I haven't done them before, so I am not sure if my high forehead is a good fit.

I am also open to suggestions on what type of hairstyle would be the best to begin with - I  was thinking of this:

https://hypebeast.imgix.net/http%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fimage%2F2017%2F04%2Fmigos-offset-xxxtentacion-drake-beef.jpg?fit=max&fm=pjpg&ixlib=php-1.1.0&q=90&w=1170&s=16796faa2fa050a321ff8f6d7112491c

Thanks in advance folks

20170608_182756.jpg
20170608_182756.jpg  •  628KB

20170314_213520 (3).jpg

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

welcome well i haven't had a haircut in getting closer to 3 decades. (26 1/2 years)

trying to achieve a style instead of embracing your own styles the wrong way to look at dreading. your hair knows how it will want to dread, and will style itself.

trying to copy a style will never work unless you get extremely overmaintained salon locs that can cost ya 20 grand by the time your balding and losing dreads

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

you might need a couple more months growth though ya know

--
charly123
@charly123
6 years ago
2 posts

☮ soaring eagle ॐ:

welcome well i haven't had a haircut in getting closer to 3 decades. (26 1/2 years)

trying to achieve a style instead of embracing your own styles the wrong way to look at dreading. your hair knows how it will want to dread, and will style itself.

trying to copy a style will never work unless you get extremely overmaintained salon locs that can cost ya 20 grand by the time your balding and losing dreads

haha that's a long time! I see - Thanks for the heads up especially regarding the cost factor.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

they make you sfcared to wash yor own hair without an appointment 'to retighten'" but that tightening causes you to go bald

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

dont be scared off rrom dreading iot will be the best choice you ever made for your hair, just don't do it the way you planned to

--
XxLucidxX
@xxlucidxx
6 years ago
5 posts

You gotta go into it with the right mindset in my opinion, like anything. I highly suggest the neglect method because when theyre mature you'll appreciate them more because they'll be unique to you. Btw, you should get some of the shampoo from vicki's  at www.dreadlockshampoo.com its the best products you can find for dreads imo, and everything she makes smells amazing

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form