Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

7 Months Messy

S Robbo
@s-robbo
6 years ago
4 posts
Hello there, my names Stacey. My dreads are 7 month old tnr, I have lightly crocheted a few times which didn’t do anything as I was too scared to damage my hair, other than that I’ve done nothing but separate and wash. They are loopy with zigzags and very messy. I work in an office so tie them back at work. I’ve considered combing them out and starting again but I image they will just do the same thing, so I’m trying to hang in there. Just looking for some encouragement and support really as like most people in here I’ve wanted dreads for a really long time!
S Robbo
@s-robbo
6 years ago
4 posts
Pic for reference
IMG_7855.JPG
IMG_7855.JPG  •  163KB

S Robbo
@s-robbo
6 years ago
4 posts
Loops
IMG_7839.JPG
IMG_7839.JPG  •  167KB

S Robbo
@s-robbo
6 years ago
4 posts
More
IMG_7839.JPG
IMG_7839.JPG  •  167KB

FemalePheromones
@femalepheromones
6 years ago
414 posts
If it's any help I think your hair looks awesome!

Please don't comb them out.

--
I'm on Twitter @FemalePheromone
and Instagram @FemalePheromones
lopenator
@lopenator
6 years ago
75 posts
I'm seven months in also. From the looks of your picture, it appears more of your hair is dreaded than mine. I have tons of loose hair that have no homes, although they seem to stay sectioned within themselves. Hope that makes you feel a little better.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

they are perfectly normal..loops are essential to dreading and are beautiful

i used to work in an office too, my clients i met with  included the former head of homeland security, all the local politicians, heads of credit unions (that are banks that are technically non profit) heads of multinational orgs like red cross 

you name it

1st day i had my dreads all tucked away, but not even 1/2 way through the 1st day on the job i said f__k it  and let them free  they spilled out to the floor, just as the president walks by..stops and says 'wow' and that was the only comment any staff ever  made  on my dreads..clients however  wanted to touch them all the time, i remember the head of the japan institute was absolutely fascinated by them to the point  she kept interrupting our meeting  to change the convo back to my dreads.

now, we were also connected to pbs broadcasting  specifically why in philly.  so i would occasionally  work in their studios

and like pbs we  did promotional materials like  tote bags mugs posters, calendars etc.. when it came time to take  the 'corporate image" photo to be used in these promos, me and my dreads  had the most prominent position. ..more so then the president, treasurer,  everyone. 

point is don't worry about tying them back at work

if anyone ever says anything refer them to title 7 of the employee rights . its in featured discussions for reference.

the crochet was a bad idea but seems you didn't do much harm ..at all (very rare indeed)

so wouldn't be concerned about that (1st time i ever said i wasn't concerned about crochet use acctualy)

those loops are NOTHING take a look at ixchells wild beautiness those are some loopy dreads 

most loops go away6 on their own but the ones that stick around are amsazing and you learn to love them

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form